Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last name change confusion in USCIS forms

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to this thread, so please bear with me if I violate any rules.

I married my wife (US citizen) 3 months ago and am applying for AOS. However, while filling out the forms, I am facing this confusion: Wherever it asks for my wife's name, what should she put as her "Last Name"? Her maiden name (i.e. before marriage) or her new name (after marriage)? She changed her last name in her DL and SSN card but not on her passport.

I really am in a rush to apply, so if you could suggest anything other than changing name in her passport (which might take few weeks), I'll be very thankful.

Thanks

Regards,
    HY2934

Originally posted by hy2934 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to this thread, so please bear with me if I violate any rules.

I married my wife (US citizen) 3 months ago and am applying for AOS. However, while filling out the forms, I am facing this confusion: Wherever it asks for my wife's name, what should she put as her "Last Name"? Her maiden name (i.e. before marriage) or her new name (after marriage)? She changed her last name in her DL and SSN card but not on her passport.

I really am in a rush to apply, so if you could suggest anything other than changing name in her passport (which might take few weeks), I'll be very thankful.

Thanks

Regards,
    HY2934
    You just put her married name as the passport can be done later that is not an issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X