What should i do??? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i do??? Help

My husband is the process of getting his citizenship, he was told on the 26th of January he would receive a letter in the mail with his date to be sworn in... to date we have recieved no additional information from them.

We planned to adjust my status from visitor to permanent resident.

My question is- I was given 6 months here< which i am now approaching, the date to be exact is May 5.......

I certain would rather stay with my husband than return home, but we are worried that he will not receive his citizenship in time....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME INFO ON WHAT WE SHOULD DO....

THANKS

Originally posted by MsBuchanan View Post
    My husband is the process of getting his citizenship, he was told on the 26th of January he would receive a letter in the mail with his date to be sworn in... to date we have recieved no additional information from them.

We planned to adjust my status from visitor to permanent resident.

My question is- I was given 6 months here< which i am now approaching, the date to be exact is May 5.......

I certain would rather stay with my husband than return home, but we are worried that he will not receive his citizenship in time....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME INFO ON WHAT WE SHOULD DO....

THANKS
    I would advise that you guys called the 1-800 customer service number to find out about his swearing in date. They might just be able to give you some information.

Comment

he got his date today, will be doing so later this month

Comment

Even if your husband does not become a U.S. citizen or you do not apply for your adjustment of status (green-card) before the expiration date of your visa, you should still be able to easily adjust your status as a spouse of a U.S. citizen (as long as you are not found inadmissible on other grounds).

Comment

Thank you for the info

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X