I130 approved, denied status adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 approved, denied status adjustment

Hello im new here but would really appreciate some help. My dad came to the us with a visa in 1987 with a visa. the last time he entered the us with the visa was in 1995, after that he overstayed his visa and never went back to mexico. In 1997, his brother a us citizen filled a pettition for him which was approved. Of course sibiling petitions take a long time. Now fastward to today. I his us citizen daughther just turned 21. On october (my bday is august 30). We filled an I 130 in my behalf for him. His priority date is oct 5. And yesterday we received a letter saying it was approved. He wont be able to.adjust status and that the case will be sent to the nvc office. My question is why cant he adjust status if he is the immediated relative of a usc. And he has not left to mexico. should qe still file the I 485. Please help im so desperate! Thank you!

Originally posted by Lsanchez View Post
    Hello im new here but would really appreciate some help. My dad came to the us with a visa in 1987 with a visa. the last time he entered the us with the visa was in 1995, after that he overstayed his visa and never went back to mexico. In 1997, his brother a us citizen filled a pettition for him which was approved. Of course sibiling petitions take a long time. Now fastward to today. I his us citizen daughther just turned 21. On october (my bday is august 30). We filled an I 130 in my behalf for him. His priority date is oct 5. And yesterday we received a letter saying it was approved. He wont be able to.adjust status and that the case will be sent to the nvc office. My question is why cant he adjust status if he is the immediated relative of a usc. And he has not left to mexico. should qe still file the I 485. Please help im so desperate! Thank you!
    DO NOT let your dad leave the country or else he MAY be banned to re-enter for 10 years. Pursue his brothers application. He should be covered under the LIFE ACT and can adjust his status. Currently they are processing siblings cases which were filed in the year 2000.

YOUR PETITION DOES NOT HELP SINCE HE IS IN UNLAWFUL STATUS!

Good Luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X