I-130 & I-485 - VSC processing times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 & I-485 - VSC processing times

My I-130 RFE was received by VSC on 1/10/12. When I track this on the USCIS page by entering the "EAC" number, it still shows "Request for Evidence Response Review". It's been 7+ months.
    i) When should I expect it to move to the next phase? DECISION phase.
    ii) Is there some other webpage to track this?

I also sent out my I-485 on 3/20/12 and it was received on 3/29/12. To date I have not received an email or text that they received the packet, but I kept the post office tracking number and that's how I found out it was received. So,
    i) Why no text or email or do we get this only once they start processing the paperwork?
    ii) Is there a webpage to track the I-485 or do I have to wait for some sort of receipt or form?

Did you receive your FP and interview letter. Marriage based cases about 90% gets interview to adjust status.
    Is your interview done?

If it is more than 3 months after submitting RFE, call USCIS and open a service request.

Comment

I-130 & I-485 - VSC processing times

Originally posted by zoom123 View Post
      Did you receive your FP and interview letter. Marriage based cases about 90% gets interview to adjust status.
      Is your interview done?

If it is more than 3 months after submitting RFE, call USCIS and open a service request.

No. Our interview is not done yet. Have received absolutely no information. We called in May and they told us to wait another month (to June) but it's now mid-August and yet nothing. They usually mess up the addresses so we provided our emails as well but this doesn't seem to be working very well either. Ok. We will call again.

Comment

We submitted our I130 and I485 at the same time on 4/17/12. I got notification that they received it and both my checks were cashed on 4/24/12.
        Received our biometrics appointment within a couple of weeks.
        Received the authorization for employment back in late July.
        Received our notice to appear for interview in August.
        Had our interview on 9/10/12. Passed.
        Was notified two days ago that our green card was being produced.
        And was notified again today that the U.S. post office has picked up the green card for delivery.
        Expecting the card sometime next week.

So for us, it took about 5 months.

It looks like you submitted your paperwork long before we did, so I would call again and see if there may be a problem with your documents.
        I'm not sure if where you submitted your paperwork might make a difference, but mine was sent to the Chicago lockbox address.

Good luck

Comment

I-130 finally approved 12/26/2012, but just a week later, it went back to "Initial Review" with the message;

"On January 4, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at USCIS for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

I am not sure why it's back to Initial Review. I would like to call, but I don't know what the "normal processing time" would be now, since it already took over 365 days for the I-130 to be approved. Does that mean we have to wait another 5+ months again (normal processing time at VSC) before we can even call?

Comment

I-130 form submission

Helloo Ksuzuki!!

Request you to plz help me with the Petition filing.
            1/ How do we need to submit form I-130 form, is it online or mail to chicago lock box?

Thanks,
            Kutty

Originally posted by ksuzuki View Post
            We submitted our I130 and I485 at the same time on 4/17/12. I got notification that they received it and both my checks were cashed on 4/24/12.
            Received our biometrics appointment within a couple of weeks.
            Received the authorization for employment back in late July.
            Received our notice to appear for interview in August.
            Had our interview on 9/10/12. Passed.
            Was notified two days ago that our green card was being produced.
            And was notified again today that the U.S. post office has picked up the green card for delivery.
            Expecting the card sometime next week.

So for us, it took about 5 months.

It looks like you submitted your paperwork long before we did, so I would call again and see if there may be a problem with your documents.
            I'm not sure if where you submitted your paperwork might make a difference, but mine was sent to the Chicago lockbox address.

Good luck

Comment

Hello I was wondering if your case was approved because I filled for my husband and right now it said that his alien registration number has changed just like yours. How long did it take for it to change to approve for your.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X