Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DV-2012: Returning to US after 364 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV-2012: Returning to US after 364 days?

Hello everyone!

I have won DV2012 lottery, entered the USA on July 4th 2012 and left the USA on July 20th 2012. I then received my green card sometime in September 2012.

I was planning on returning to the USA in June 2013, so less than a year (365 days).

1) Am I going to have any problems entering the US on this occasion? As far as I'm aware, I don't break any rules if I come back to the US after less than 365 days. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2) After my second entrance to the US in June 2013, can I leave the country again for another year (less than 365 days), or will this be considered as breaking some rules and I will be risking of loosing my green card?

I'm 23, no children, no family coming with me to the US, completely on my own. I don't have anyone in the US too.

Please help if you know for sure about this, I need this information very badly. I was planning on staying to live when I come to the US in June 2013, but some personal things have came up that I might have to stay another year in the UK, and only then come back to live.

Thanks in advance for any info!

can i come back after 1 year

Originally posted by Powka View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have won DV2012 lottery, entered the USA on July 4th 2012 and left the USA on July 20th 2012. I then received my green card sometime in September 2012.

I was planning on returning to the USA in June 2013, so less than a year (365 days).

1) Am I going to have any problems entering the US on this occasion? As far as I'm aware, I don't break any rules if I come back to the US after less than 365 days. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2) After my second entrance to the US in June 2013, can I leave the country again for another year (less than 365 days), or will this be considered as breaking some rules and I will be risking of loosing my green card?

I'm 23, no children, no family coming with me to the US, completely on my own. I don't have anyone in the US too.

Please help if you know for sure about this, I need this information very badly. I was planning on staying to live when I come to the US in June 2013, but some personal things have came up that I might have to stay another year in the UK, and only then come back to live.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    hello

Green cards are meant to live in the US , you dont live in the united states , you will have trouble at the port of entry , if not this time , then for sure second time , You can not be away of the US more than 6 months unless you applied for re-entry permit and you need valid reasons for being away that long time , i am sorry but You gonna have trouble with the border protection agents . and dont forget that your green card is conditional , not permanent , you need to come to USA as soon as possible .

you did break a rule which is you can not be away for more than 6 months without re-entry permit , and i believe you dont have one , so practically you will be denied entry , and your green card MAY be canceled

moreover if you want to apply for citizenship after 5 years of inssuance date of your green card , you will need to provide info of all your travel activities and if you are away for more than 6 months a year , you will not get citizenship

i am not an expert but this is what the rules say which i am pretty sure about them , so come as soon as possible

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X