Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can citizens of TPS countries have their Greencards revoked for LPR abandonment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can citizens of TPS countries have their Greencards revoked for LPR abandonment?

Hi, I know this is a very specialized Q, but I appreciate any help on the matter, especially if someone is SURE about their answer!

My wife and I are Syrian nationals and we've had our Greencards for 2.5 years. We lived in the US throughout 2013 but left the US in November for a good-pay, one-year job overseas to save some money (the US company that sponsored my GC took a dive and couldn't offer me a job anymore). My intention was and still is to return to the US after one year, and I have cars and furniture stored in the US awaiting our return (have docs to prove it). It's almost been six months since we left and we're planning a ten-day trip to the US on the 179th day, then we're bouncing back overseas for another six months. However, I'm worried that revealing to the airport officer that I'm overseas working might cause him or her to think we've abandoned our LPR status and revoke our Greencards.

a-Can our Greencards be revoked despite Syria being a country with TPS (Temporary Protected Status)? I have no other country I can reside permanently in besides Syria (very unstable) and the US.
    b-Should I tell the officer I was working overseas and plan to leave for another six months, or tell them I was "taking care of some business overseas" and I'm back for good?

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X