I need help please this is a unique case. New Identity and New SSN number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help please this is a unique case. New Identity and New SSN number

I was recently granted Vawa and i finally got my green card. I was born in Santa Ana el Salvador on April 1st 1957 and in those countries when you are not born in a hospital your parent must go to city hall and register you. Well since i know i was born in april 1st i have always used this information. However my mother registered me on April 5, 1957 meaning this is what is listed on my birth certificate.

Back in the 1980s it was easier to get an ID or DL without much verification. Progessing to 2001 i was granted TPS status and this was given to me under my birthdate of 4/1, all my evidence was sent to INS, with this i was able to get my SSN number and apply for a legal Drivers Licence. In 2013 i applied for a status change and we applied for VAWA, i was granted and authorized, then I got a new work permit still under my original birthday of 4/1. My Alien ID number was never changed, when I was asked to go to the Immigration appointment they requested a new and clear birth certificate that i had to obtain from el salvador. Well when this happened they adjusted my birthday and on my green card my full name appears and 4/5 as my birthday. When i went to my lawyer and told him i got my green card now he told me to go to the SSN office and apply for a new number under my new birthday. I was given a new number and i have a new drivers license.

I would like to know if this is common or a unique case? Which identity should reflect who i am now the original SSN and 4/1 or the new SSN and 4/5 . The last thing i need after years of waiting to be legalized is to get kicked out of the country for fraud which is not the case.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X