Conditonal and unconditional greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditonal and unconditional greencard

I need your advice. I am married to a US citizen. Its almost 2 years we are married. I found in your website that one can get conditional greencard after 2 years of marriage. What is unconditional greencard? If she divorce me after 2 years can i get citizenship? We are happily married before but recently she misbehave with me. What is unconditional greencard? Can i get citizenship after 2 years if she divorce me? How it takes 3 years or 5 years to get citizenship? Whats the processing difference of 3 years and 5 years if she divorce me?

Originally posted by Gwarming82 View Post
    I need your advice. I am married to a US citizen. Its almost 2 years we are married. I found in your website that one can get conditional greencard after 2 years of marriage. What is unconditional greencard? If she divorce me after 2 years can i get citizenship? We are happily married before but recently she misbehave with me. What is unconditional greencard? Can i get citizenship after 2 years if she divorce me? How it takes 3 years or 5 years to get citizenship? Whats the processing difference of 3 years and 5 years if she divorce me?

https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...nent-residence

Comment

Gwarming,

It seems that you have your definitions out of sync.

If your wife is a U.S. citizen, she can first petition or immigrate you to get a 2-year Conditional Green Card.

At one year and 9 months form issuance of that card, you are eligible to apply for a 10-year Green Card, without conditions.

If your marriage is still intact at 2 years and 9 months from issuance of the first Green Card, you can apply for Naturalization (citizenship).

If your marriage has ended in divorce before you reach the two years and 9 months mark, you must wait until 4 years and 9 months form issuance of first Green Card to apply for Naturalization.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Gwarming82 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X