Sponsor mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor mother

I got green card two months ago. Now can i sponsor my mother? Can i bring her from Bangladesh? Would i have to be citizen to sponsor mother? Or i can apply for her with my green card? And if once my mother is in US after applying with my greencard then can my mother also apply for her son,daughter(my brother,sister)? Please help me advicing about this.
    Last edited by Gwarming82; 04-10-2016, 11:51 AM. Reason: Edit

You cannot petition your mom as an immigrant until you are a U.S. citizen.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Gwarming82 View Post
    I got green card two months ago. Now can i sponsor my mother? Can i bring her from Bangladesh? Would i have to be citizen to sponsor mother? Or i can apply for her with my green card? And if once my mother is in US after applying with my greencard then can my mother also apply for her son,daughter(my brother,sister)? Please help me advicing about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwarming82 View Post
      Hello Gwarming82,

Yes, you have to be a U.S. Citizen to sponsor your mother, brother or sister (sponsor your family). And also you should apply Green Card for your mother.
      A Green Card cannot be obtained for the parent of a Green Card holder until the child takes the oath of U.S. citizenship. So After you become a citizen of the United States, you may help your parents become lawful permanent residents of the United
      States.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X