Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to make a business trip with a dual-citizenship after getting the GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to make a business trip with a dual-citizenship after getting the GC?

Dear all, I would really appreciate any information or guidance you could provide for this particular situation.

Question:

Could someone who was approved for the GC (passed the interview), but still needs time to plan the immigration "move", make a business trip to the US with a second dual-citizenship passport that allows ESTA?

Or the first entry to the US will (without exceptions) trigger the immigration process?

Thanks!

Originally posted by srodri View Post
    Dear all, I would really appreciate any information or guidance you could provide for this particular situation.

Question:

Could someone who was approved for the GC (passed the interview), but still needs time to plan the immigration "move", make a business trip to the US with a second dual-citizenship passport that allows ESTA?

Or the first entry to the US will (without exceptions) trigger the immigration process?

Thanks!
    You mean you have already received an immigrant visa but want to enter on VWP first?

There is a good chance you may be denied entry as a VWP visitor for immigrant intent.

Just enter on the immigrant visa (thus becoming a permanent resident) and then you can go back abroad to plan your move; just don't be out of the US so long as to abandon residency.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X