Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reentry permit renewal

Hi,

I’m writing behalf of my brother. Our family came to the USA in 2015 with GC, and my brother went back to India for his BE degree in 2016. He got reentry permit (2 years valid) and going to expire within six months. Question is, does he come to the USA physically to renew his reentry permit or possible by post? How often he has to physically present in the USA? Last time he physically present in the USA at 2017

Thanks
    Alan

Originally posted by alancejacob View Post
    Hi,

I’m writing behalf of my brother. Our family came to the USA in 2015 with GC, and my brother went back to India for his BE degree in 2016. He got reentry permit (2 years valid) and going to expire within six months. Question is, does he come to the USA physically to renew his reentry permit or possible by post? How often he has to physically present in the USA? Last time he physically present in the USA at 2017

Thanks
    Alan
    Not possible by post from overseas.

He has to re-apply for the re-entry permit. To do so, he as to be in the USA (on US soil) when the application is submitted , else the application will be rejected.

Then he has to go for the Biometrics appointment. (he can leave the USA while waiting for the biometrics appointment).

Re-entry permit would allow the person to be away from the USA for the period of the validity of the permit - so no, he does not have to physically be present in the USA through out the validity of the re-entry permit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X