Green card received but instead of first name it is written FNU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card received but instead of first name it is written FNU

I applied for my mother's green card. We have the green card now but instead of first name it says FNU. My question is that should we change the name or leave it as it is?

Originally posted by shvetany View Post
    I applied for my mother's green card. We have the green card now but instead of first name it says FNU. My question is that should we change the name or leave it as it is?
    how does her name appear on her passport? does it show her first name only and no last name or vice versa? also what does her birth certificate show?
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
      how does her name appear on her passport? does it show her first name only and no last name or vice versa? also what does her birth certificate show?
      In Passport the surname option is left blank and her whole name is written in "Given name" option. She doesn't have birth certificate as she is born before 1955, but her school certificates has the name written correctly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X