Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table of Contents for I-751 Applications to Remove Conditions of Permanent Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    Bump
    Hi there - thanks for creating this thread. It’s really helpful.

Did your spouse get the permanent GC yet? If so, how long was the wait to get it after delivery of i751 application?

Also, how many affidavits would you suggest to include in the i751 application - are 2 enough (instruction says at least 2 but I wonder if I should submit two or more than 10)? And were you asked to do a 2nd interview?

Comment

Originally posted by hopefulandhappy View Post

Hi there - thanks for creating this thread. It’s really helpful.

Did your spouse get the permanent GC yet? If so, how long was the wait to get it after delivery of i751 application?

Also, how many affidavits would you suggest to include in the i751 application - are 2 enough (instruction says at least 2 but I wonder if I should submit two or more than 10)? And were you asked to do a 2nd interview?

You're welcome! I am glad you found it helpful.
      We filed the I-751 in May. They waived biometrics. We are in for a long wait and are OK with that.
      Actually, we did not include any affidavits. We did not think it was necessary and truth be told, we do not really talk about the process with people we know. Folks either assume my husband is a citizen or may also assume he has a permanent green card. Next think you know some envious person turns around and just to mess with you makes a phone call or sends a letter with nonsense. LOL, no, thanks.

We submitted solid evidence since the date of the marriage. Every joint bank statement, and everything else. It was a ton of evidence. The package weighed 13 lbs.
      If I were you, I would focus on submitting solid evidence of bona fide marriage. If you do not have a joint bank account, you should still pull the statements from your personal accounts and explain how you pay for bills and joint responsibilities.

We had an AOS interview and are not really expecting to have an interview for ROC/I-751. If they schedule it, sure, no issue there. A second interview would be a stokes interview and usually they ask you a long list of nonsensical questions.

If you are struggling with evidence, you can always submit a living will/advance health care directive. USCIS takes that document very seriously. I would draw up two. You grant power of attorney to your spouse to make healthcare decisions on your behalf and vice versa. Get them notarized. https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/fina...ce-directives/

If you have USPS informed delivery, I would print every single one of those emails showing that you both receive mail/important mail at the same address.

All the best to you.

Comment

You're welcome! I am glad you found it helpful.
        We filed the I-751 in May. They waived biometrics. We are in for a long wait and are OK with that.
        Actually, we did not include any affidavits. We did not think it was necessary and truth be told, we do not really talk about the process with people we know. Folks either assume my husband is a citizen or may also assume he has a permanent green card. Next think you know some envious person turns around and just to mess with you makes a phone call or sends a letter with nonsense. LOL, no, thanks.

We submitted solid evidence since the date of the marriage. Every joint bank statement, and everything else. It was a ton of evidence. The package weighed 13 lbs.
        If I were you, I would focus on submitting solid evidence of bona fide marriage. If you do not have a joint bank account, you should still pull the statements from your personal accounts and explain how you pay for bills and joint responsibilities.

We had an AOS interview and are not really expecting to have an interview for ROC/I-751. If they schedule it, sure, no issue there. A second interview would be a stokes interview and usually they ask you a long list of nonsensical questions.

If you are struggling with evidence, you can always submit a living will/advance health care directive. USCIS takes that document very seriously. I would draw up two. You grant power of attorney to your spouse to make healthcare decisions on your behalf and vice versa. Get them notarized. https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/fina...ce-directives/

If you have USPS informed delivery, I would print every single one of those emails showing that you both receive mail/important mail at the same address.

All the best to you.
        Thank you! Do you think the pandemic made everything slower? Do you know by any chance what the wait time is like these days? I hope your husband gets his permanent gc soon!

We have plenty of evidence - joint bank statements, tax returns, cable bills, electricity bills, rent lease, rent insurance, 401K for each, to name a few. I wasn’t thinking of asking for affidavits from friends until I read the instructions. I don’t mind asking for affidavits so maybe I’ll ask 2 friends to write for us.I’m also fine doing a 2nd interview but hopefully our evidence are enough to get an approval.

We are submitting the application next month and fingers crossed it will go smoothly and quickly! I remember the waiting game for the 485 very well and I hated it.

Comment

Thank you! Do you think the pandemic made everything slower? Do you know by any chance what the wait time is like these days? I hope your husband gets his permanent gc soon!

We have plenty of evidence - joint bank statements, tax returns, cable bills, electricity bills, rent lease, rent insurance, 401K for each, to name a few. I wasn’t thinking of asking for affidavits from friends until I read the instructions. I don’t mind asking for affidavits so maybe I’ll ask 2 friends to write for us.I’m also fine doing a 2nd interview but hopefully our evidence are enough to get an approval.

We are submitting the application next month and fingers crossed it will go smoothly and quickly! I remember the waiting game for the 485 very well and I hated it.

Ah ha! Now I realize now what you mean by "second interview". I kept thinking you meant a Stokes interview and that you were in trouble, but you meant you had an AOS interview, and then, you are saying this would be a second interview. If you have an interview for ROC, it would be your first ROC interview. Because you had an AOS interview, USCIS will likely waive your ROC interview.

ROC has always had backlogs. I am sure the pandemic has added to this but historically, it has always been backlogged. It is what it is.

Regarding evidence, remember, it is very important that you send evidence since the date of the marriage until the time you file. Do not skim on paper. If you are sending a bank statement, print all pages of it. Otherwise, they consider that document to be incomplete. You do not want an RFE.

It sounds like you have plenty of evidence. We did not submit affidavits. If you choose to, I would definitely get them notarized. Doing so, confirms to USCIS the identity of the person who wrote it and signed it.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Ah ha! Now I realize now what you mean by "second interview". I kept thinking you meant a Stokes interview and that you were in trouble, but you meant you had an AOS interview, and then, you are saying this would be a second interview. If you have an interview for ROC, it would be your first ROC interview. Because you had an AOS interview, USCIS will likely waive your ROC interview.

ROC has always had backlogs. I am sure the pandemic has added to this but historically, it has always been backlogged. It is what it is.

Regarding evidence, remember, it is very important that you send evidence since the date of the marriage until the time you file. Do not skim on paper. If you are sending a bank statement, print all pages of it. Otherwise, they consider that document to be incomplete. You do not want an RFE.

It sounds like you have plenty of evidence. We did not submit affidavits. If you choose to, I would definitely get them notarized. Doing so, confirms to USCIS the identity of the person who wrote it and signed it.

All the best,

USCFFS
            Thank you so much for all the info! Really appreciate it.

Regarding bank statements - aside from our joint account, my spouse added me as a signee for his business account. Since this is his business account and I am just a signee, we plan to just submit a certificate from the bank where it shows that my husband owns the business account and I am a signee - or would you suggest that we include the bank statements too?

Hopefully the waiting game for the 10-YR GC will be much shorter!

Comment

Thank you so much for all the info! Really appreciate it.

Regarding bank statements - aside from our joint account, my spouse added me as a signee for his business account. Since this is his business account and I am just a signee, we plan to just submit a certificate from the bank where it shows that my husband owns the business account and I am a signee - or would you suggest that we include the bank statements too?

Hopefully the waiting game for the 10-YR GC will be much shorter!
              I think that would be fine. If you are just a signee/authorized user and do not really use the account, I do not see the need to submit statements.
              I think you have plenty of evidence. I would focus on submitting solid evidence of joint finances. No need to submit text messages, or Christmas cards, etc.

Comment

I think that would be fine. If you are just a signee/authorized user and do not really use the account, I do not see the need to submit statements.
                I think you have plenty of evidence. I would focus on submitting solid evidence of joint finances. No need to submit text messages, or Christmas cards, etc.
                Noted! Thank you so much for all the tips! Really appreciate it.
                Last edited by hopefulandhappy; 07-13-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I used a lot of your examples when filing my i751. They received my package on July 9th and I received my 18 month extension notice on July 12th! Quick of them
                  Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                  10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                  11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                  11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                  11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                  03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                  03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                  06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                  06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                  06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                  09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

Originally posted by Ste View Post
                    I used a lot of your examples when filing my i751. They received my package on July 9th and I received my 18 month extension notice on July 12th! Quick of them
                    hello, did you file in the AZ Lockbox 21200 by any chance?
                    we filed on July 19th and have a USPS proof of delivery on July 20th.
                    we had a G-1145 request for e-notification and all attachments to the I-751 checked and double checked for relevance to filing instructions, and a Cashier's Check for the application fee and biometrics, so we are anticipating no issues, but we haven't heard a peep to this date, maybe we're just being impatient
                    would be interested to read a reply from you.

cheers

Comment

Hi everyone - just checking if we still need to submit copies of birth certificates, passport, conditional greencard, pay statements and employee verification?
                      Last edited by hopefulandhappy; 07-28-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone - just checking if we still need to submit copies of birth certificates, passport, conditional greencard, pay statements and employee verification?
                        we submitted both our and our child's birth cert, passports and conditional GC . For Pay we submitted W2s for last 2/3 years
                        09/19/2019 - Case Approved i130 & i485
                        06/28/2021 - i-751 sent via UPS
                        07/02/2021 - Check was cashed & got receipt number starting SRC
                        07/06/2021 - Received 18 months extension in mail
                        08/16/2021 - biometrics waived; received i797 in mail. Online status still at case received
                        11/20/2021 - Received 24 months extension in mail

Comment

Originally posted by tauraos View Post

we submitted both our and our child's birth cert, passports and conditional GC . For Pay we submitted W2s for last 2/3 years
                          Thanks. For the birth certificate - did you send them a scanned/photo copy?

Comment

Thanks. For the birth certificate - did you send them a scanned/photo copy?
                            Yes just a copy. Along with translation if in foreign language. If you have spare certified copies you can send them. But I did not do that for i485 either.
                            09/19/2019 - Case Approved i130 & i485
                            06/28/2021 - i-751 sent via UPS
                            07/02/2021 - Check was cashed & got receipt number starting SRC
                            07/06/2021 - Received 18 months extension in mail
                            08/16/2021 - biometrics waived; received i797 in mail. Online status still at case received
                            11/20/2021 - Received 24 months extension in mail

Comment

Originally posted by tauraos View Post

Yes just a copy. Along with translation if in foreign language. If you have spare certified copies you can send them. But I did not do that for i485 either.
                              Noted. Thank you!

Comment

Quick question - did you put all of your evidence in a binder?

We currently have our documents in tab dividers and am debating whether I should secure them in a binder.

Also, if you used a binder - did you put it in a box? Or in a mailing envelope/sleeve? Will USCIS be okay receiving portfolios in boxes?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X