Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Risk of denial to reentry permit application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risk of denial to reentry permit application?

Hi,

I am a green card holder.
    Recently I was admitted to a master degree-granting academic program held in France starting next February or March lasting for one year. My intent is to join it and come back to US after the program. I am wondering how risky it would be if I prepare the reentry permit application by myself, not hiring attorney.

Some other backgrounds:
    - The period is likely to be 13-14 months.
    - Admission letter is available.
    - I intent to bring all of my family; two are green card holders and one is US citizen. No relatives left in US.
    - Just got GC approval a few months ago.
    - Not sure how I can do with my current job for now (there are many uncertain conditions yet), but let's say I quit my job for this post.

Thank you and let me know your thoughts.
    Best Regards,

Originally posted by general_tryout View Post
    Hi,

I am a green card holder.
    Recently I was admitted to a master degree-granting academic program held in France starting next February or March lasting for one year. My intent is to join it and come back to US after the program. I am wondering how risky it would be if I prepare the reentry permit application by myself, not hiring attorney.

Some other backgrounds:
    - The period is likely to be 13-14 months.
    - Admission letter is available.
    - I intent to bring all of my family; two are green card holders and one is US citizen. No relatives left in US.
    - Just got GC approval a few months ago.
    - Not sure how I can do with my current job for now (there are many uncertain conditions yet), but let's say I quit my job for this post.

Thank you and let me know your thoughts.
    Best Regards,
    There are plenty of resources on the USCIS website. Educate yourself on the intricacies of re-entry permits. You're more than capable of reading the directions and submitting the form along with all the required evidence. You do not need a lawyer for this.

Comment

Originally posted by general_tryout View Post
      I am wondering how risky it would be if I prepare the reentry permit application by myself, not hiring attorney.
      You do NOT need an attorney. You can do this all by yourself. I myself, a IT pro have done it couple of times without any help.

The application is self-descriptive. Also, you have so many helpful options online to fill the form.

Comment

Thank you

Responses were (and will be) greatly appreciated. I will do further research and see what I can do. Thank you for all of the encouragements!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X