Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accused of Marriage fraud? What happens to residency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of Marriage fraud? What happens to residency?

More than a year ago my mother applied to become a US citizen after being a resident for a couple years. After passing her N-400 exam and months of waiting for a response she was called in for an interview where they accused her of marriage fraud because "she married a cuban man". Of course she denied the allegations because they were married for 8 years and they lived together the whole time until they got separated for personal reasons. This man was in love with my mother and helped her through the toughest years of her life including breast cancer where he accompanied her to every single doctor appointment. Long story short her N-400 application was denied and now she doesn't know what to do. Her residency expires next year in the summer and she wants to know if her current residency is still valid. She has been able to apply and get hired at jobs, and accepted in apartment complexes where they ask for proof of residency which must be a good sign. Her lawyer suggests she should re-apply for the N-400 if there were no proceedings of removal and if her residency hasn't been revoked, but how do we know that? What's the best approach for a situation like this? Should she head over to the USCIS office and renew her residency? Her english is very limited so i'm reaching out for help in this forum to see if anyone can give her some guidance. Thank you.

Are there any updates on this case? It seems so odd.. why did they accuse her? Was it the Cuban husband that gave her green card?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X