X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Condition Green Card

Hi there,

I am in a tricky situation...

My Green card expire at the end of April and I need to fill the from I-751... However I got my green card through marriage. My husband and I just recently split, he is not going to sign for renewing my green card or start the divorce process. He doesn't even answer me when I tried to reach out to him...

I don't know what I am suppose to do..

Please help, thank you.

Originally posted by camillemia View Post
    Hi there,

I am in a tricky situation...

My Green card expire at the end of April and I need to fill the from I-751... However I got my green card through marriage. My husband and I just recently split, he is not going to sign for renewing my green card or start the divorce process. He doesn't even answer me when I tried to reach out to him...

I don't know what I am suppose to do..

Please help, thank you.
    You should file for divorce and file I-751 yourself on the basis of divorce. You don't need his signature to file for divorce; either party in a marriage has the right to divorce unilaterally. You should consult a divorce lawyer in your state about the exact procedures to file for divorce in your situation in your state.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You should file for divorce and file I-751 yourself on the basis of divorce. You don't need his signature to file for divorce; either party in a marriage has the right to divorce unilaterally. You should consult a divorce lawyer in your state about the exact procedures to file for divorce in your situation in your state.
      And you should do it ASAP because you need time to file the divorce and even if it only takes 30 days for the judge to sign, it may take a while for the clerk to file it. If your GC expires at the end of April, you are cutting it a bit close.
      2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
      4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
      4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
      4/19: Request to expedite EAD
      5/11: Received EAD
      6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
      8/09: Advance Parole approved
      8/29: Scheduled for Interview
      10/11: Interview
      10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
      10/16: Sent new G28
      10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X