Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-in for biometric for an i-90(GC replacement) without appointment

Hello
    My parents both are GC holders. We got the I-551 stamped and immigrated last year(2019) in July. We did not receive the GC in the mail and was returned by the USPS and then destroyed by the uscis.
    So we had to file for an i-90 to get a replacement Greencard.
    We filed for it in April 2020, during the covid pandemic. We received the receipt of notice(I-797c) for it.
    As of now we donot have a biometric appointment from the USCIS. We need the greencard as our i-551 stamp will expire soon.
    We have called the uscis regarding it but the lady said it was not possible to expedite the process as our application is within normal processing time.
    We have written to the uscis but have not gotten proper reply about it.
    I just want to know if it is advisable to walk in to the USCIS ASC and ask about it and see if they will consider our situation.
    I read everywhere that people can walk-in, but it is when they already have an appointment letter for some date.
    And is there any work around this-waiting for the appointment letter or should we just go in and try our lucks?
    Thanks.
    P.S. The location is Dallas, Texas.

No workaround. ASC's do not have officers, just trained employees who collect fingerprints.
    They need to scan the barcode on the letter as it links them to your case to collect fingerprints.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X