Affidavit Letters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit Letters.

Can anyone clarify whether we be submitting copies of the Affidavit letters or the original? The instructions for form i-751 regarding this are kinda confusing.

Although it says "submit copies of evidence" throughout the instructions , this is what is stated specifially about affidavits:

" 5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."
    05/24: PD
    05/22: Mailed forms I-130, I-485, I-765
    05/24: Forms delivered to lockbox
    05/29: CC payment charged
    06/06: NOAs
    06/07: Biometrics appointment notice letter
    06/20: Biometrics completed
    08/12: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
    08/14: Scheduled for Interview notice
    08/19: Interview Date notice
    09/18: Interview Date - approved on the spot, GC card in production
    09/24: NOAs received (I-485 & I-130 approvals)

Affidavits are mostly useless, unless you don't have other documents to show strong evidence. They rank low. Though, if you plan on sending, notarized copies of originals should do the job just fine. Or you can keep notarized copies and send original affidavits.
    2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
    07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
    07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
    07-17: Checks cashed
    07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
    07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
    07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
    08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
    08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
    10-04: AP approved
    11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
    11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by MayBaby View Post
      Can anyone clarify whether we be submitting copies of the Affidavit letters or the original? The instructions for form i-751 regarding this are kinda confusing.

Although it says "submit copies of evidence" throughout the instructions , this is what is stated specifially about affidavits:

" 5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."
      The affidavits would need to be original and with a wet signature. I would even get them notarized. Of note: affidavits rank low. I would instead put together a living will, health care directive/power of attorney instead. USCIS takes that document very seriously.

I would also focus on showing commingling of finances since the date of your marriage. This means every bank statement and all pages of each statement (including blank pages).

Best wishes,

USCFFS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X