Lost Permanent Resident Status - received deporation notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Permanent Resident Status - received deporation notice

Hi, I have a friend who filed her I-485 through an attorney, unfortunately the attorney has gone missing with all her paperwork, we are trying to find him and her paperwork BUT in the meantime she received a notice that she missed an appointment to renew her Permanent Resident Card/Remove conditions of her Permanent Resident status (it's been two years) and because she missed this appointment she must leave the country immediately and file for a Visa for re-entry from her home country, Australia.

My question is this; Is there ANY way around having to leave the country to fix this? She has a baby under 6 months old with no passport yet, her husband is severely disabled and cannot travel. Apparently her appointment was last August, so it has been right around 6 months that she has been OOS, if she leaves now will that not mean a lifetime ban from the US??

As I said we are trying to find the attorney and at least get her paperwork from him so she has all her documents. Just need to know if there is anything she can file or do to help fix this mess?

Thanks for any input!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X