Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Job after Green Card

Hi

My company filed for my (plus dependents) green card under EB1 in Sep 2010. We got the GC on 02 Dec 2010 and I-140 was approved by 10 Dec 2010. About 5 months have elapsed since the GC was issued. The current company I work with is not giving me any opportunity to grow and additionally I am getting lucrative offers from elsewhere.

My question is: If I change jobs now, am I "safe"? Is there a way by which I can suffer any way (like company cancelling any of the documents)? Is there a minimum period I should be with my company so as not to attract scrutiny from USCIS?

Please help!
    Thanks!

Read https://www.immihelp.com/changing-em...tatus-pending/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Immihelp admin!

I just wanted to let you know I asked my friends and got this answer:

In case a person has I-140 & I-485 approved and GC in hand, and successfully updates his/her i-9 status with employer as legal permanent resident, he/she is a free bird. There is no "wait period" like 6 months etc. Hence I am a free person now!
      Thanks immihelp with my journey till GC status. Your forums and quick advice were of great help!
      Last edited by gaggz; 05-09-2011, 09:58 AM. Reason: grammar check

Comment

Originally posted by gaggz View Post
        Thanks Immihelp admin!

I just wanted to let you know I asked my friends and got this answer:

In case a person has I-140 & I-485 approved and GC in hand, and successfully updates his/her i-9 status with employer as legal permanent resident, he/she is a free bird. There is no "wait period" like 6 months etc. Hence I am a free person now!
        Thanks immihelp with my journey till GC status. Your forums and quick advice were of great help!
        I believe you would be a citizen by now. advanced congratulations...
        Your topic came up when I was searching for information along lines of what you tried many years ago.
        I have had my GC for over 2.5 years (since approval and have stayed with the sponsoring employer) and am planning to switch to a job with a complete different title but in the same industry as listed in my GC application.

Are there any last minute checks I should cover?? I am hoping you will see my question and be able to guide me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X