No announcement yet.

Apply for NZ Residence without husband!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for NZ Residence without husband!

Hi. I am in 'Accredited Employer Work Visa' since last 8 months and working with that employer who offered me the job for that visa. I am here with my husband who is on 'Partner of a Worker' Visa and is doing a full time contractor job since last 3 months. I also have 2 school going kids who are on 'Student Visa - Dependent of Worker' Visa.

After completing 24 months in my current Tier 2 employment (ANZSCO 241111), I am willing to apply for 'Work to Residence' visa with my 2 kids who will be younger than 24 years at that time.

1) Can I apply for 'Work to Residence' visa a t that time and NOT include my husband who is on 'Partner of a Worker' visa (personal reasons)? I want my husband to stay on 'Partner of a Worker' while I apply for 'Work to Residence' for myself and my 2 depedents only. Is this doable?

2) Can I apply for the Residence visa separately later for my husband after I and my dependents (kids) are granted Residence visa (as I dont want to include him in my Residence visa application)?

Thank you for reading.

You can apply for a Work to Residence visa after 24 months of work in a Tier 2 occupation. According to Immigration New Zealand, when applying for this visa, you must include your partner and dependent children aged 24 or under in your application if they have or have applied for a visa based on their relationship to you. However, if you have personal reasons for not including your husband, you may be able to apply without him, but there is an overlap between immigration policy and your personal circumstances and it would be wise to consult directly with Immigration New Zealand or a licensed immigration consultant for individualized advice.
    Last edited by prennddefrost; 05-17-2024, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oliman View Post
      Hi. I am in 'Accredited Employer Work Visa' since last 8 months and working with that employer who offered me the job for that visa. I am here with my husband who is on 'Partner of a Worker' Visa and is doing a full time contractor job since last 3 months. I also have 2 school going kids who are on 'Student Visa - Dependent of Worker' Visa.

After completing 24 months in my current Tier 2 employment (ANZSCO 241111), I am willing to apply for 'Work to Residence' visa with my 2 kids who will be younger than 24 years at that time.

1) Can I apply for 'Work to Residence' visa a t that time and NOT include my husband who is on 'Partner of a Worker' visa (personal reasons)? I want my husband to stay on 'Partner of a Worker' while I apply for 'Work to Residence' for myself and my 2 depedents only. Is this doable?

2) Can I apply for the Residence visa separately later for my husband after I and my dependents (kids) are granted Residence visa (as I dont want to include him in my Residence visa application)?

Thank you for reading.
      1. Yes, you can apply for the 'Work to Residence' visa for yourself and your two kids without including your husband. Your husband can continue to stay on his 'Partner of a Worker' visa while you and your kids apply for the residence visa.
      2. Yes, you can apply for a residence visa for your husband separately later. Once you and your kids have been granted the residence visa, you can sponsor your husband for his residence visa.

Hope this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X