Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa in Canada for Parents staying in US on B2 visa

Hi,

I am on H1B and have got my Extension done, but VISA stamped/I-94 is valid till June 2016 and new extension is till Jan 2018.

On above criteria, I have 2 questions:

1) Can my parents(who are on B2 VISA in US) can get Canada Visa and they can return back to US as they have valid B2 visas.

2) For processing of their VISA, can I provide my financial information(bank statements, paystubs etc) as a proof of security. Or do they need to provide information of their bank balance in India.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!!!

The problem on a non immigrant visa, every time you leave the U.S. you create a new entry. Each time you use the visa to enter you have to show that you meet all the requirements for B1 or B2 status over again. I-94 only works once inside the US. It doesn't give non immigrants the right to come back in. Immigration only grants the right to stay inside the U.S during a visit as a tourist. Once you leave that visit is over. I can't speak for US customs or what they will or will not do. I will say they can deny entry.

As a Canadian I'm pretty lucky crossing the border. No visa. Only thing needed is a passport. 9 times out of 10 its what I plan on doing and ok bye as far as customs is concerned. Even so when in San Diego and I wanted to see Tijuana Mexico. I asked US Customs in person what I needed to get back in the USA before I went into Mexico.

Id do the same if I was you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X