Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Visa Stamping Experience Matamoros, Mexico August 2016

Hello All,

I was searching forums to find suitable options to renew the visa for my family. We decided to get it done from Mexico as it was close to our place of residence and dates were easily available. I checked out USVisaMex / Salvador and found lot of positive reviews, finally decided to go with Salvador. I can say with certainly that it was the right decision. Salvador delivered his services just as promised on his website , though some may find it expensive but I would say its worthwhile. Some of them I met at the hotel mentioned they were there because their friends had positive experience with Salvador.

We had our appointment with ASC on Monday and visa interview on Tuesday. We started from Dallas on Sunday morning and reached Brownsville UETA car parking by 5pm. Salvador was waiting for us there. He dropped us at the Hotel. We were a family of four ( 2 kids) and he charged us $180 per night with complimentary breakfast. The hotel restaurant is not great and other option is Dominos pizza delivered at hotel reception.

He picked us up at 8:30 am on Monday after breakfast and took us for ASC appointment. As only my family had the appointment, I waited outside with Salvador and we were done in 20 mins.

Next day his assistant took us for US visa interview and we were done in 30 mins. We called him to pick us up. At 3 pm he took us to ASC for collecting the passport , came back to hotel and headed straight to border. You need to carry quarters to pay at Mexico border and walk across the bridge to US border post. We reached the US immigration building around 4:15pm and had to wait 2 hrs to get I94 which cost $6 per person. UETA parking is right across the US immigration building.

We were very worried about leaving the car at UETA parking for 2 days as it was new and expensive, luckily nothing happened. If I go again, I would rather take a rental car and go to have peace of mind.

Though you may not find a lot of reviews online, i realized many are visiting Matamoros for renewing US visa. Salvador himself seems to have 2 to 3 people on weekdays and I saw few others coming in taxi for interview.

Although we went for L2 renewal, we met few who came for H1B renewal and everyone got visa approved.

If you are still hesitating or concerned about safety, I can understand. I had my deliberation too but glad that I decided to go for it. For those who are planning to go wth family, Matamoros is safe to go and not once we were worried about safety.

As we had unexpired US visa on the passport, we didn't take any Visitor Visa to enter Mexico.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X