Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ticket received to appear in court for misdemeanor/shoplifting - PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticket received to appear in court for misdemeanor/shoplifting - PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello All
    I received a ticket from a police officer at one of the retail stores i was shopping today.I apparently am charged with shoplifting items whose cost price came upto 293$.. here is what actually happened .. i did not intend to steal those items .. i was having a hard day with my two year old who was unwell and i was unwell too .. i had actually gone to the stores to return something i bought just yesterday evening..since i wasn't allowed to return without an ID i was thinking about what the employee was saying and walked out without paying for the items in my baby stroller ..i was stopped and asked to sign a policy form that i would not enter their chain of stores anywhere unto one year and then a cop came and asked me few questions and gave me a ticket .. now here is the scenario :

1. on the ticket the fields - misdemeanor and booking required fields are checked
    2.PC 484/488 was written in the description
    3.date to appear at court is 04/06/2015 - April 6th 2015.
    4.I am traveling to India in a week : on feb 12th 2015 and will return only on april 23rd 2015 and my visa appointment is on March 2nd.
    5.i have an expired visa on the passport so traveling there for stamping - currently on extension and have I797 permitting my stay here in US until 2016
    6.travelling with my spouse who is on H1 and my 2 year old who is a US citizen.

Kindly help me with the following :
    1.What should i do first?
    2.Is hiring a lawyer necessary as its a petty theft and I'm not arrested -i was let go with the ticket and asked to appear at court and pay whatever the fine is, Also, I have to go to the police station to give my fingerprints and photo..
    3.Will i be denied my h4 visa ?
    4.i have already made the payments and booked an appointment for the visa interview - what documents should i carry there and since my DS-160 is already submitted, should i redo the whole thing ?
    5.is postponing the date and taking the risk of traveling to india now a good decision ..?
    6.My hubby has applied for his GC. what effects will it have on that and my future job prospects if at all I am planning to work ?

With a week left to travel i dunno what to do.. canceling everything and the lawyer fees and the fines is just making me go mad . Kindly help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X