• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused what to answer in question! going for stamping in UK

Hello
    i am planning to go for h1b visa interview in london
    i am basicaly from india and now on student visa in uk
    while my study i was doing door to door sales job
    and during that some customer did allegation that i was tress passing property and herrassment and I went to crown court to prove myself innocent

finally after long time I was proven not guilty and all charges were removed from me!

I did go through the procedure like fingure prints, id perade etc

now what should i answer in DS160 for ''Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?''

As i was arrested but was not convicted !
    what should be the answer and if i select yes then shall i write everything in detail or just brief information that i was arrested and then found not guilty!

I am planning to go for interview in august so please help me as soon as possible
    Thanks

You can answer yes and explain in the details section. Truth will not affect your application.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Interview in LONDON for H1B COMPLICATED one

Thanks for reply

In london to get interview date I had to call to embassy !
      When I called to them about schedling my interview date they asked that have you ever been arrested or convicted or etc! then I said yes because i was arrested and then was acquitted from all charges as found non guilty!

So operator form us embassy of london took my credit card details for MRV fees but didnt give me any date!
      They said i have to download some police form and when i get certificate from police i have to send it to embassy by email with one another form (VCU ) form and then they will reply me in 5 days weather i should take date or not.

is that anything serious ? I was proven not guilty so will it affect my application?

will they give me date?

please reply soon
      thanks

Comment

Should not be serious.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X