Previous Shoplifting Convictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous Shoplifting Convictions

In 2010 I was denied citizenship because of two prior shoplifting charges (one was dismissed/expunged when I did community service and the other was a fine I paid as a city ordinance). I have had green card since 2006 and permanent green card since 2008 I moved to Iowa and, unfortunatly have three additional charges (one was dismissed when I attended a college class and the other two were pled guilty with a fine of about $270 each). I now am concerned that when I re-enter the U.S. I will be denied.

I am in the middle of a divorce with my husband and filed a restraining order in order to get him out of the house when he would not just move out. He has custody of one of my kids and I have custody of the one that he adopted but is mine by birth. My husband did get this son made a U.S. citizen though. My husband is not working and we own a massage therapy business which I also was able to get him restrained from. If I travel out of the country (to Mongolia) with my son will I be kept from coming back into the U.S.?. Since my son, who will be traveling with me is a U.S. citizen will he also be stopped? Will my soon to be ex husband be called to get the child since he is a U.S. citizen?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X