Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD/AP approval notice?

Hi to all members.
    And RIP to all those innocent children and staff of Newtown elementary school, Connecticut.

My question about EAD/AP:
    I have received the combo card last week that is valid till 2015. BUT I have not received the APPROVAL notice 797 form till now.
    I contacted the customer service. The person told me to wait for 30 days and if it does not arrive, apply for a 'duplicate' with applicable fee. I understand that.

But will not USCIS accept my inquiry and concern about not receiving the approval notice at all, in the first place, before I have to request a duplicate one?

And is it a MUST that I possess this approval notice when I have the combo card?
    Are there any disadvantages of not having the approval notice?

I welcome your inputs, please.

Hello,

I am in the same boat. Received the EAD combo cards but no approval notice. The cards were approved on 17th Dec 2012.
    Did you get the approval notice yet? or have applied for duplicate one? What is the process to apply for a duplicate approval notice.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by novice2007 View Post
    Hi to all members.
    And RIP to all those innocent children and staff of Newtown elementary school, Connecticut.

My question about EAD/AP:
    I have received the combo card last week that is valid till 2015. BUT I have not received the APPROVAL notice 797 form till now.
    I contacted the customer service. The person told me to wait for 30 days and if it does not arrive, apply for a 'duplicate' with applicable fee. I understand that.

But will not USCIS accept my inquiry and concern about not receiving the approval notice at all, in the first place, before I have to request a duplicate one?

And is it a MUST that I possess this approval notice when I have the combo card?
    Are there any disadvantages of not having the approval notice?

I welcome your inputs, please.

Comment

EAD/AP approval notice?

You would not need any of the approval notice(s) for anything, since you physically have the EAD/AP combo card(s). That's all you would need (EAD/AP combo card) to guarantee your parole back into the US after a temporary travel abroad (AP) or serves as proof of permission to accept or take up employment.

Hope the above info helps.

Comment

Check the paper with which the card arrived. That in itself is approval notice. But you don't need that anywhere.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I have recieved an approval notice i797, but NO card..

It's been over 2 months since I recieved approval notice, how long does it take to recieve card??

I'm a deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA), and now applied for i131 advanced parole, will I even recieve a "combo card"? Or a document with my picture on it? Or BOTH??

Anything helps

Comment

EAD/AP approval notice

I'm in the same situation got my combo card but no notice submit a change of address don't know if they will resend still waiting .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X