Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I able to work as a full time RN with EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I able to work as a full time RN with EAD?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I just received my EAD as a result of Obama's Deferred Action policy. Concurrently, I was offered a job with a hospital as an RN. My EAD is valid for 2 years and is renewable by me indefinitely.

My question is, will there be a problem with hiring me because my EAD is valid for only 2 years? Also, would I be able to sign a contract with the hospital if my EAD expires before the contract ends? For example, my EAD expires on 10/15/2014, but the contract ends on January 2015.

Please let me know if I should anticipate any HR/hiring problems. Thank you!

The employer is not allowed to discriminate based on which work authorization you provide and the expiry date of that document.

I am not sure about the contract though.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      The employer is not allowed to discriminate based on which work authorization you provide and the expiry date of that document.

I am not sure about the contract though.
      thanks for your answer. I was just wondering because I heard some employers have denied hiring someone just because they have an EAD. i know that employers shouldn't discriminate but some still do and i was just hoping to see the nursing/hospital side of it.

i'm concerned because if my offer does require me to sign a contract it would most likely be for 2 years and my ead would expire before then, thus giving the employer the right to deny me employment because of the contract's stipulations.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X