Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD query- L2 visa expired

Hi,

I am on L1-B visa status and my visa got expired on June 2013. I have I94 valid till Mar 2013. My Spouse is on L2 visa ,he is applying for EAD. Just wondering whether his EAD will be approved or not as his L2 visa is expired in June 2013.

Thanks,
    Rachel

Originally posted by rachu008 View Post
    Hi,

I am on L1-B visa status and my visa got expired on June 2013. I have I94 valid till Mar 2013. My Spouse is on L2 visa ,he is applying for EAD. Just wondering whether his EAD will be approved or not as his L2 visa is expired in June 2013.

Thanks,
    Rachel
    You mean your I-94 is valid till March 2014 not Mar 2013 as mentioned by you in the post?

When is your spouse's I-94 expiring?

Comment

Oops...I am sorry for the error.

My visa got expired on June 2013. My I94 is valid till March 2016.

My Spouse I94 & visa got expired on June 2013.

And I have applied for my spouse I94 is extension(I-539) in the month May 2013 and we awaiting for the status.

Thanks,
      Rachel

Comment

Technically your spouse should get an I-94 to match yours i.e. March 2016. Did you apply for L2 extension and EAD together?

The issue with applying dependent extenstion separately from prime applicant is that there is no premium processing for dependent visa extension requests and it can take few Months.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

I have not applied for L1 or L2 extension.

If my spouse gets the I 94 extension approved. Can we apply for EAD for my spouse ?

Thanks,
          Rache

Comment

Originally posted by rachu008 View Post
            Thank you for your response.

I have not applied for L1 or L2 extension.

If my spouse gets the I 94 extension approved. Can we apply for EAD for my spouse ?

Thanks,
            Rache
            Now you are confusing me, earlier you mentioned that your spouse's visa and I-94 expired in June 2013, and "I have applied for my spouse I94 is extension(I-539) in the month May 2013 and we awaiting for the status.". Now you are saying "I havent applied for L2 extension". Please proofread and bring more clarity in your questions.

If your spouse's extension gets approved, yes, you can apply for EAD.

Comment

Hi,

I have applied for I94 extension not visa extension that too only for my Spouse.

And L1 and L2 visa is expired.

My I94 is valid till Mar 2016.

Now i am awaiting for my spouse I94 extension status. (His I94 got expired in June 2013) So that he can apply for EAD.

Thanks,
              Rachel

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Now you are confusing me, earlier you mentioned that your spouse's visa and I-94 expired in June 2013, and "I have applied for my spouse I94 is extension(I-539) in the month May 2013 and we awaiting for the status.". Now you are saying "I havent applied for L2 extension". Please proofread and bring more clarity in your questions.

If your spouse's extension gets approved, yes, you can apply for EAD.

Last edited by rachu008; 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X