Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent clarifications for emergency advance parole

Hello:
    My current status is pending adjustment of status (on I-485).

I had unfortunately not applied for Advance parole on time (just gotten back from India a month and a half back and hadnt sent out the request yet).

My father died the night before last. By the time I could get to the local (Dallas) USCIS field office at 115 pm yesterday (I was in a different state on what. I had to fly back) they were ready to close shop and didnt let me see any agent. However, the security agent did tell me that I need the following two things with my completed i-131 application to be considered:
    - A transcribed certified death certificate
    - A transcribed certified birth certificate

Does anyone know what that certification is? My father died in a village. When the ambulence took him to the hospital he was already dead. The doctor in the hospital was nice. He told my family that since he was already dead on arrival, they will have to call the police who would require a post mortem that will a long time. So if we want to take him back, we should get out quickly. My family did so. So we have a death certificate. But it is from a doctor in the village handwritten on a his doctor's pad (with his name, address etc. instead of of hospital's). I am a little afraid about whether USCIS will create trouble.

Does anyone here knows how this works and what i need to do?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll very much appreciate any help or advise that you can give me on this or any other related question on requesting an emergency AP from the Dallas office.
    I am at my wit's end. Will be very grateful for any help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X