Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-Visa status to Adjustment of Status

Hi, There

I am new here, and I hope [I] can get good answers to make me feel less worry. In April 26th 2016 My attorney submitted a petition for green card, travel humanitarian authorization and work employment. My Current U-Visa Status and EAC expired in June 18th 2016. I got my receipts 17 days later and my biometrics done 60 days later. June 7th my Biometrics were officialy done. Since then my status on USCIS haven't changed. I work for a Social Media company, and I currently on LOP ( Loss of pay) because I can't work without a phsyical EAC card in hands. I am going thru major financial loss, losing everything [I] built with so much harship and work done. The company is still holding my position until 90 countdown, to be exactly on Sept 18th 2016 I am officially going to be let go and terminated from my job. Making things even worst. I am not sure what else to do, is over 75 days I have submitted an inquiry online about my case to make sure. The automatic response is that by Aug 6 2016 I should get a feedback from my inquiry.

I submited my case before my current documents expired but immigration has delays, and everything was with the attorney and she sent everything by April 21st and they received by April 26th. The noticed was written on May 6th, 2016.

I would love someone to give me a perspective on this. So [I] can at least sleep at night. I am starting to get ill, and doctor wants me to take medications for anxiety and depression. Financial lost is painful and will make me a homeless. I don't have a family here just few friends that are moving on with theirs lives, getting married, having children, getting better jobs, but honestly this is causing me so much pain. Am I the only one?

hi Camila,
    I submitted my U-Visa adjustment of status application on April 20, 2016. My biometric was on June 10th, 2016. We have pretty much the same timeline. Have you heard anything back yet? I haven't received any updates on EAD or AP yet. It has been more than 90 days since the notice date.

Let's keep each other updated on this.

james

Originally posted by Camila Fontes View Post
    Hi, There

I am new here, and I hope [I] can get good answers to make me feel less worry. In April 26th 2016 My attorney submitted a petition for green card, travel humanitarian authorization and work employment. My Current U-Visa Status and EAC expired in June 18th 2016. I got my receipts 17 days later and my biometrics done 60 days later. June 7th my Biometrics were officialy done. Since then my status on USCIS haven't changed. I work for a Social Media company, and I currently on LOP ( Loss of pay) because I can't work without a phsyical EAC card in hands. I am going thru major financial loss, losing everything [I] built with so much harship and work done. The company is still holding my position until 90 countdown, to be exactly on Sept 18th 2016 I am officially going to be let go and terminated from my job. Making things even worst. I am not sure what else to do, is over 75 days I have submitted an inquiry online about my case to make sure. The automatic response is that by Aug 6 2016 I should get a feedback from my inquiry.

I submited my case before my current documents expired but immigration has delays, and everything was with the attorney and she sent everything by April 21st and they received by April 26th. The noticed was written on May 6th, 2016.

I would love someone to give me a perspective on this. So [I] can at least sleep at night. I am starting to get ill, and doctor wants me to take medications for anxiety and depression. Financial lost is painful and will make me a homeless. I don't have a family here just few friends that are moving on with theirs lives, getting married, having children, getting better jobs, but honestly this is causing me so much pain. Am I the only one?

Comment

Sadly still waiting

Hi, James.

I haven't received anything yet. It is officially 110 days and I opened inquiry online and supposed to have heard back from them by Aug, 6th and nothing heard.
      I am pretty upset because I am super injured with this delay. I have been losing my car, my belongs, and soon about to live in the streets. Serious! I am not lying the situation is pretty ugly.

Let's keep each other updated.

Comment

EAD Approved noticed is on the way.

Hi, James

I think you should get a response soon. I got today new updates and My Employment authorization is been approved. I will get the letter in the mail soon with more information.

Hope yours be on the way as well.

Camila

Originally posted by jayp16 View Post
        hi Camila,
        I submitted my U-Visa adjustment of status application on April 20, 2016. My biometric was on June 10th, 2016. We have pretty much the same timeline. Have you heard anything back yet? I haven't received any updates on EAD or AP yet. It has been more than 90 days since the notice date.

Let's keep each other updated on this.

james

Comment

Hi Camila, I also got my Employment authorization approved on 8/19/2016. Was yours on the same day as well?

Originally posted by Camila Fontes View Post
          Hi, James

I think you should get a response soon. I got today new updates and My Employment authorization is been approved. I will get the letter in the mail soon with more information.

Hope yours be on the way as well.

Camila

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X