Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven received EAD card after 3 months of approval

Hi everyone,

I applied for my work permit (form I-765) along with the I-485, I-130, etc through my husband who is an American citizen. The applications were received by USCIS on December 24, 2015. On June 23, 2016 I received the approval for my application for employment authorization with the I-797 notice of action. I have been calling USCIS and they keep sending requests and making me wait a month each time. At this point (Sep 28, 2016) I am about to loose a job opportunity because it has taken so long.

My questions:
    1.Can I start working with the approval while I wait for the EAD card?
    2. Is this normal to take this long? Is there anything I can do?

Other questions:
    3. I haven't received the biometrics appointment either, does it usually take longer? It's been over nine months!
    4. How long does it take to receive the green card after the biometrics? Or what are the steps after? such as interview etc.
    5. When can I travel to my home country?

Right now I really care about the EAD card, so please answer the ones (whichever you can) regarding that topic, but answers about the other ones will be appreciated as well.

Originally posted by macemenru View Post
    Hi everyone,

I applied for my work permit (form I-765) along with the I-485, I-130, etc through my husband who is an American citizen. The applications were received by USCIS on December 24, 2015. On June 23, 2016 I received the approval for my application for employment authorization with the I-797 notice of action. I have been calling USCIS and they keep sending requests and making me wait a month each time. At this point (Sep 28, 2016) I am about to loose a job opportunity because it has taken so long.

My questions:
    1.Can I start working with the approval while I wait for the EAD card?
    2. Is this normal to take this long? Is there anything I can do?

Other questions:
    3. I haven't received the biometrics appointment either, does it usually take longer? It's been over nine months!
    4. How long does it take to receive the green card after the biometrics? Or what are the steps after? such as interview etc.
    5. When can I travel to my home country?

Right now I really care about the EAD card, so please answer the ones (whichever you can) regarding that topic, but answers about the other ones will be appreciated as well.

I totally know your feeling. Mine got receipt number on September 15,2016,and caviled mailed on the same day. Until now I still haven't get my card. I called them so many times and even talked to tier two agent to got the tracking information. But the result showed they mailed on September 15,and arrived on September 21. That's impossible. No one gets their card that fast within 5days. My bf waited about 2 months.

I didn't know what to do. Since trump is the president. Government treats foreigners worse and worse... delay delay and delay. Since I wrote my start working day was November 2, but the tier two agent said my time has been counting since November 1. What time? Unemployment time. If you still could not get your card within 90days. Unemployment days are none. So you still couldn't work even you get you card after 90 days. Mine only have 2 months left. And plan to pack my things because I just didn't waste my time in this country anymore if I don't get my card before February. American dream is over.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X