Chasing AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing AP

Hi all, new to the forums. Hope I'm posting in the right place.
    So I am currently going through the Adjustment of Status (married to a US citizen). I filed everything concurrently including EAD and AP - and it all seems to be being handled by the NBC (MSC). So far it has gone ok. I had a RFE for the I-485, which I completed and mailed back. The status of that case has now switched to "ready to schedule for interview", so it seems that was deemed acceptable after the RFE.
    My problem is, I have a trip coming up on 8th March to Australia (the country of my citizenship).
    My I-131 status shows as having been received on 21st Nov 2016 (like all forms in the application). The I-485 shows as being updated to ready to schedule for interview on 23rd Jan 2017 (after posting the additional evidence in late Dec).

I'm beginning to get nervous about not receiving Advance Parole in time for the trip. It is for me to be a groomsman in my good friends wedding, so something I can't really put on hold. In hindsight, I realise the path I've taken has put me in a tough position with regards to receiving the AP in time. The 90 days would be up in late Feb, It's now the 73rd day since the I-131 was received.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? Should I wait until after 75 days and call to enquire about it's status (I've read conflicting posts about 75 or 90 days being the time at which you can enquire)? Should I attempt to expedite it? I'm not sure being a groomsman in a wedding is satisfactory grounds for expediting.

If the worst case happens and I don't have AP before I fly, I read that it means I forgo my application. It that does happen, would I need to live abroad while going through it all again?

Did you apply for EAD too? If you did apply for EAD, then after 75 days you can raise a service request for it (need not wait for the full 90 days). Since, for the AOS petitions with both EAD and AP applied, typically you get a combo card, it will serve as AP too.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Yep I applied for EAD too (I-765). So that will be my first step, calling up and making a service request for that on Monday.

Comment

Chasing AP too

Omg! I have the same problem. I have to be at MY wedding in the Philippines by March 12. Everything has been planned and paid for. Guests are flying in from different countries. More than 200 people will be there. My AP hasn't arrived. My lawyer requested USCIS to expedite but they denied due to unusually high volume of applications that they have in light of recent events. I already did biometrics last 1/13 and one of my status says ready to be scheduled for interview. So nerve wracking!

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Gee View Post
          Omg! I have the same problem. I have to be at MY wedding in the Philippines by March 12. Everything has been planned and paid for. Guests are flying in from different countries. More than 200 people will be there. My AP hasn't arrived. My lawyer requested USCIS to expedite but they denied due to unusually high volume of applications that they have in light of recent events. I already did biometrics last 1/13 and one of my status says ready to be scheduled for interview. So nerve wracking!
          I am exactly in the same situation, had biometrics done on January 13th.
          Any updates for you?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X