Leaving the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving the US

I just got my advance parole document today (trough daca) is it safe to travel right now? I really don't know what to do... heeeeelllppp

Maybe just try to come back really quickly?

The draft executive order (which he has not signed and it is more and more uncertain whether he will sign it) only says to not issue APs to DACA anymore, and not renew EADs for DACA anymore. If you already have AP, it's not affected by that particular order (even if he signs it). I would guess that he is not likely to take any other action that would prevent people with existing APs from returning, but that's just a guess.

If you don't have a legal entry right now, then the benefit of getting a legal entry if you use AP (which would allow you to adjust status if you have a USC spouse or over-21 USC child) might be worth the risk.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Luis Ramales View Post
      I just got my advance parole document today (trough daca) is it safe to travel right now? I really don't know what to do... heeeeelllppp
      I traveled to Honduras last week for 3 days and was really nervous as Trump was set to come out and talk about DACA but made it back with no problems! I would wait until Friday and leave Friday night and come back Sunday since it is really unlikely that he signs anything over the weekend. (base on what my attorney told me)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X