Travel with AP with dwi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with AP with dwi

I currently have Daca and I am in the process of green card through my spouse. I applied for advance parole about 2 months ago before trump was president, it hasn't been approved yet. But my concern is the re entry. My lawyer told me with trump and his travel ban I shouldn't travel since I have a DWI in my record. I am traveling to Mexico which is not included in the 7 countries banned. I contacted 3 lawyers and 2 told me I should travel since it would help with my adjustment of status. My lawyer and another I contacted told me it is too risky. Has anyone traveled with AP recently and had a problem? Also my Daca expires in about 3 months. Thanks.

So is your situation that you need to travel on AP before you can do Adjustment of Status because you entered illegally?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      So is your situation that you need to travel on AP before you can do Adjustment of Status because you entered illegally?
      I'm applying for humanitarian reasons, my grandpa being sick and that would help with adjustment of status.

Comment

Yes but do you need to travel with AP in order to do AOS? For example, if you entered illegally, you can't do AOS and would need to travel with AP to get a legal entry to do AOS. It you don't need to travel with AP in order to do AOS then there is less benefit to the risk.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          Yes but do you need to travel with AP in order to do AOS? For example, if you entered illegally, you can't do AOS and would need to travel with AP to get a legal entry to do AOS. It you don't need to travel with AP in order to do AOS then there is less benefit to the risk.
          Yes I entered illegaly so that's the benefit I am looking for. I've been really stressing it. Some lawyers tell me yes some tell me no. In my opinion if my AP is approved it's because they checked my background and its OK to re enter...

Comment

Planning to travel with Ap with 1 misdemeanor

Originally posted by Riverped View Post
            I currently have Daca and I am in the process of green card through my spouse. I applied for advance parole about 2 months ago before trump was president, it hasn't been approved yet. But my concern is the re entry. My lawyer told me with trump and his travel ban I shouldn't travel since I have a DWI in my record. I am traveling to Mexico which is not included in the 7 countries banned. I contacted 3 lawyers and 2 told me I should travel since it would help with my adjustment of status. My lawyer and another I contacted told me it is too risky. Has anyone traveled with AP recently and had a problem? Also my Daca expires in about 3 months. Thanks.

Riverped Did you traveled yet ? I am in the same situation trying to travel then get adjust statues, married to a Citizen but I have one misdemeanor, and trying to get some answer to take a decision to travel to visit I'll mother. Please let me know ASAP if you traveled yet ?If so explain with some info ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dayana83 View Post
              Riverped Did you traveled yet ? I am in the same situation trying to travel then get adjust statues, married to a Citizen but I have one misdemeanor, and trying to get some answer to take a decision to travel to visit I'll mother. Please let me know ASAP if you traveled yet ?If so explain with some info ?
              No, I haven't received my approval yet. They received it in December but still nothing. Do you have yours yet?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X