Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCIS Contradiction- Card Returned Undeliverable, now says USPS never returned card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS Contradiction- Card Returned Undeliverable, now says USPS never returned card

Hi folks,

I applied for my EAD card under section c(3)(b) and November 14 I received an acknowledgement from USCIS that my case has been received. After Graduation I moved to Michigan and on January 4th, I filed an AR for address change which was processed. On feb 8th, my status changed to "Card was mailed to me", but somehow, due to a miscommunication between the leasing office and usps, my card wasn't delivered and it was sent back to the sender(USCIS). On feb 21, USPS notified me that my document was received by the sender, and on Feb 22, USCIS acknowledged the returned package and changed my status to "Card Returned Undeliverable" here's the summary of the status change :

On February 22, 2017, the Post Office returned your new card for Receipt Number Y **** **** *, to us as undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you provide to us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you.

Now, as soon as I got this update, I raised a service request with USCIS to resend my card to my current address. NOW comes the horrendous part - I got an email today from the officer who was assigned my service request that USPS never returned the EAD card to them. Here's what the mail says:

Our service records indicate that your EAD was recently mailed. This document has not been returned to us by the US Postal Service. Please contact the US Postal Service with the following tracking number to see if they can locate your card: 92 **** **** **** **(tracking number). If they are unable to locate your document, we must conclude that it has been lost in the mail. Therefore, you will need to file a Form I-765

This is in complete contradiction to what they said earlier. In fact, my case status still says Card Returned Undeliverable. I called USCIS but their tier-1 officers are absolutely unhelpful and refused to transfer my call to a tier-2 officer. My case has now been active for 106 days and it's getting all the more outrageous with every passing second. Did anyone else face such an issue, if yes, how did it get resolved? What would you guys recommend?

PLEASE HELP OUT. IM RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS HERE

-Nidhi

Originally posted by nidhisirohi View Post
    Hi folks,

I applied for my EAD card under section c(3)(b) and November 14 I received an acknowledgement from USCIS that my case has been received. After Graduation I moved to Michigan and on January 4th, I filed an AR for address change which was processed. On feb 8th, my status changed to "Card was mailed to me", but somehow, due to a miscommunication between the leasing office and usps, my card wasn't delivered and it was sent back to the sender(USCIS). On feb 21, USPS notified me that my document was received by the sender, and on Feb 22, USCIS acknowledged the returned package and changed my status to "Card Returned Undeliverable" here's the summary of the status change :

On February 22, 2017, the Post Office returned your new card for Receipt Number Y **** **** *, to us as undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you provide to us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you.

Now, as soon as I got this update, I raised a service request with USCIS to resend my card to my current address. NOW comes the horrendous part - I got an email today from the officer who was assigned my service request that USPS never returned the EAD card to them. Here's what the mail says:

Our service records indicate that your EAD was recently mailed. This document has not been returned to us by the US Postal Service. Please contact the US Postal Service with the following tracking number to see if they can locate your card: 92 **** **** **** **(tracking number). If they are unable to locate your document, we must conclude that it has been lost in the mail. Therefore, you will need to file a Form I-765

This is in complete contradiction to what they said earlier. In fact, my case status still says Card Returned Undeliverable. I called USCIS but their tier-1 officers are absolutely unhelpful and refused to transfer my call to a tier-2 officer. My case has now been active for 106 days and it's getting all the more outrageous with every passing second. Did anyone else face such an issue, if yes, how did it get resolved? What would you guys recommend?

PLEASE HELP OUT. IM RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS HERE

-Nidhi
    Hi Nidhi, I am in the same situation as you were. Did you find a way out of this mess? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could share your experience with me. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Parth

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X