Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended stay abroad on EAD/AP status

hi,

I'm currently employed in the US based on my EAD (Employment Authorization Document expiring in Dec 2018 through my spouse's AOS/Green card application Priority date June 2009). I will be travelling to India and will be out of the country for more than an year for personal reasons. I have a few questions about my immigration situation given my impending travel.

1.If my priority date becomes current and I get my GC while I'm out of the country,what can be done? Will I still be able to re enter based on EAD/AP combo card?

2.If the date doesn't become current during the time I'm out of the country,Can I still re enter using my EAD/AP card after a year before it expires?

3.Are there any specific guidelines to maintain EAD status while I'm outside the country?

Could you please help me with answers for my queries above?

Thanks
    trk0709

1. You should be able to. You could explain in detail the situation that your GC was issued when you were out of the country, etc., if questioned by the CBP officer.
    2. Yes you can, since that is the purpose of the AP.
    3. Nope none in particular. As long as the underlying AOS/GC petition is not rejected, you are good to go.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X