Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake on I-765 form

Hello all,

My application for 485 recently got submitted to USCIS. I also filed for an EAD. In the application form for EAD, there's a question that asks if I have filed for an EAD before. I answered "no" for it, assuming that would be under the H1 category. I did my Masters here and I have an EAD from my OPT period. The application is already filed. Does anyone have any advice? I am not sure if I should wait till I hear back from USCIS? or I notify USCIS of this mistake before they think I have lied on my application?

I am really concerned now and really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Similar mistake

Originally posted by satm86 View Post
    Hello all,

My application for 485 recently got submitted to USCIS. I also filed for an EAD. In the application form for EAD, there's a question that asks if I have filed for an EAD before. I answered "no" for it, assuming that would be under the H1 category. I did my Masters here and I have an EAD from my OPT period. The application is already filed. Does anyone have any advice? I am not sure if I should wait till I hear back from USCIS? or I notify USCIS of this mistake before they think I have lied on my application?

I am really concerned now and really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Hello satm86. I also made a similar mistake in my I-765. The difference is that I put a the wrong USCIS office under the 'yes' checkbox. Can I ask what did you do about the error?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X