Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for renewal EAD mid May and nothing yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for renewal EAD mid May and nothing yet!

Hi everyone. I applied to renew my EAD May 17. I received my Receipt Notice May 27 and my Notice of Action stating I didn't need to go in for new biometrics on June 9. Since then, when I check my Case Status on USCIS, it still says the case was received. I normally receive my card by mid August... I submitted a Case Inquiry on the USCIS site, and they replied stating there is a delay in workload and applications and that it has nothing to do with my case. I do also check the Processing Times Information chart on the website, and it states they are currently on applications from May 13... So I feel like any day now, I should finallyyy see an update. Luckily, they now have the 180 automatic extension, so I am still able to work, but I'm getting worried and I'd like my card! Does anyone else have similar experiences or have any advice on anything else I can do? I noticed people talking about sending an email to the ombudsman and that then they saw an update right away... How do I contact them?? Thank you so much everyone!

*** Same Issue, case outside the normal processing time.

Here is my issue:

I am currently on H1-B status and my employer started the PERM process last year and my I-140 was approved this year April. I had applied for I-765 based on this eligibility: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...endent-spouses. I sent the application package by mail on May 27th. The USCIS sent a mail acknowledgement with the receipt stating that they received the application for Employment Authorization on June 29th. Since then there has been absolutely no update on the case status portal. As indicated by @mb2395, the case status shows "Case Received". I called USCIS, their response was the on the similar lines as mentioned by @mb2395. I have filed a service request for "Case outside normal processing time" last month, and no updates on that whatsoever. Also, I tried scheduling an appointment with the local USCIS field offices, I have three near the city I live in, none of them have any appointments. Totally clueless and helpless, any advice/leads on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Employment Authorization Document (EAD) + Driver's License (Florida, Miami)

I have pending I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. While I'm waiting for the interview, I got a work permit and I got a driver's license, the validity of the driver's license is the same as the validity of the work permit (EAD), 11 month has passed and I was not called for an interview, I had to apply a work permit again, pending now, I received Form I-797C, Notice of Action that my new EAD in the process and if I do not receive EAD before the expiration date, I can still work 180 days, today I went to the Driver License Office of Pembroke Pines, Florida and I issued a new driver's license, on the basis of the Form I-797C, Notice of Action. Yahooo! Happy Happy!

If you have the same situation, then there is a solution!

Employment Authorization Document (EAD) + Driver's License (Florida, Miami)

Comment

Hello. MY EAD is due to expired on 12/15. also from Miami florida,
        Im renewing my card I am not sure I will get it on time. Any suggestions ? Id like to keep the job that I have . I am unscure on whats going to haeppen. I am still waiting on my interview since Dec 20 , 2016 keep checking the processing timing on the sitre so far It says they are interviewing cases as November 20. . Please advise from your personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by krish203 View Post
          Here is my issue:

I am currently on H1-B status and my employer started the PERM process last year and my I-140 was approved this year April. I had applied for I-765 based on this eligibility: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...endent-spouses. I sent the application package by mail on May 27th. The USCIS sent a mail acknowledgement with the receipt stating that they received the application for Employment Authorization on June 29th. Since then there has been absolutely no update on the case status portal. As indicated by @mb2395, the case status shows "Case Received". I called USCIS, their response was the on the similar lines as mentioned by @mb2395. I have filed a service request for "Case outside normal processing time" last month, and no updates on that whatsoever. Also, I tried scheduling an appointment with the local USCIS field offices, I have three near the city I live in, none of them have any appointments. Totally clueless and helpless, any advice/leads on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.
          I'd suggest contacting your congressman and ombudsman. Seems to be the next step for most people,

Comment

My husband was on day 128 when we had enough of waiting and contacted the ombudsman. I do not remember the link, but all you have to do is Google USCIS Ombudsman. You will have to fill out an online form. We waited literally one day ans received the message of his card being produced. Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by cgbadamosi View Post
              My husband was on day 128 when we had enough of waiting and contacted the ombudsman. I do not remember the link, but all you have to do is Google USCIS Ombudsman. You will have to fill out an online form. We waited literally one day ans received the message of his card being produced. Good luck to you!
              Damn, 128 days is a long freaking wait! I've read on other forums that the processing times for EAD and AP just keep getting longer and longer. I think I saw something about an employment freeze within USCIS (meaning they can't and aren't hiring more officers...probably for budget reasons). This is good to know that the ombudsman can get things moving along.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X