Emergency AP or expedited AP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency AP or expedited AP?

I applied for both EAD and AP on August 15. I responded to a Request for Evidence a couple of weeks ago. The reason I initially applied for the AP was because I had a wedding to attend to, but my travel need has since changed to a family medical emergency. My grandfather, who I am very close to, has during the last couple of months had multiple strokes and a heart attack, and he is in an out of intensive care almost every week. He is in a very fragile state and is not expected to survive any more complications, and I therefore want to go take care of him while I can.

If I get a letter from his doctor, would this be a good enough reason to get an emergency AP or should I apply for an expedited one instead, and hope that I receive it in time? The doctor is not comfortable with writing that my grandfather "won't live much longer" or similar, so I'm worried that I will have a hard time proving the emergency of the situation.

Last question, what happens if I leave without the AP, and try to re-enter under my still valid B-1 visa?

Originally posted by eeennnaad View Post
    I applied for both EAD and AP on August 15. I responded to a Request for Evidence a couple of weeks ago. The reason I initially applied for the AP was because I had a wedding to attend to, but my travel need has since changed to a family medical emergency. My grandfather, who I am very close to, has during the last couple of months had multiple strokes and a heart attack, and he is in an out of intensive care almost every week. He is in a very fragile state and is not expected to survive any more complications, and I therefore want to go take care of him while I can.

If I get a letter from his doctor, would this be a good enough reason to get an emergency AP or should I apply for an expedited one instead, and hope that I receive it in time? The doctor is not comfortable with writing that my grandfather "won't live much longer" or similar, so I'm worried that I will have a hard time proving the emergency of the situation.

Last question, what happens if I leave without the AP, and try to re-enter under my still valid B-1 visa?
    Hi, regarding you last question - my understanding is that only H/L visa holders can travel without loosing their AOS processing, for other statuses AOS case will be counted as abandoned at the moment when you leave US. I wouldn't leave without AP. I'm in L status, had an international trip after aos/ap/EAD applications filled. Received negative decision on AP for my kids, I guess mine is coming next, delay is due to pending EAD.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X