Travel while expedited AP pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel while expedited AP pending

I am currently in AOS as I have applied for a green card. I applied to expedite my AP (which is on day 108) because of a family illness. I have received these messages:

On November 28, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1ZZZ, was completed.

On November 28, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1ZZZ.

On November 28, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1ZZZ, was assigned to an officer for response.

The family illness has gotten a lot worse the last two days, and I have booked a flight that leaves tomorrow morning. I am at a point where I'm willing to risk certain things in order to get to see my family member before it's too late. Is there anything I can do except to just hope for the AP to be accepted, and have my spouse send it to me in my home country before I return? How likely is it that they call me in for an interview for the AP?

Thanks

Originally posted by eeennnaad View Post
    Is there anything I can do except to just hope for the AP to be accepted, and have my spouse send it to me in my home country before I return?
    No, you can't do that. If you leave the US before you are granted AP, you automatically abandon AOS (unless you have H or L work visa status, which I am assuming you don't have). Having applied for it is not enough.

The only chance to not abandon AOS at this point would be to go in person to a local office to try to apply for an Emergency AP (which is granted on the same day) based on the very urgent situation.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X