Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samlingyunyi View Post
    PD:8/14/2017

Been waiting for 158 days, they haven't even started reviewing my case.
    Hi,

Which category you have appled?

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoVB View Post
      Case Received 11/17/17
      Biometrics Completed 12/10/17

Today is day 75. What does that mean really? I can call? I can ask for it to be expedited?
      Hi ChicagoVB.

I reside in Chicago, filed an adjustment of status as an immediate relative of US citizen.
      Here's my timeline:

Nov 1, 2017 - Filed I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 concurrently by UPS express mail.
      Nov 7, 2017 - package received by USCIS
      Nov 15, 2017 - I-797C Action notice (receipt acknowledgement) issued for all four applications, notifying me that cases are being handled by National Benefit Center (NBC) at Lee's Summit, MO.
      Nov 17, 2017 - the update on USCIS case status tracking website - the first and the last update so far.
      Dec 5, 2017 - biometrics appointment completed.
      Mar 8, 2018 - Infopass appt. at Chicago Field Office (101 Congress Pkwy) - I was worried that my advanced parole and work auth hadn't been issued and no updates whatsoever had been provided. The officer had been very rude and unhelpful, said my travels if not an emergency are my problem, and field office has no jurisdiction over National Benefit Center. She kept repeating over and over that my case is pending, which pretty much means they haven't' started processing it yet.
      her supervisor advised me to mail a request for expedited processing of an advanced parole to the NBC (to the address that was listed on my I-797C) forms. Which I'm going to do right now.
      Sending electronic case status inquires thru USCIS website had yielded no result - it always shows that case hadn't been assigned for processing, even after the due date for the response.

I dread to think that I won't get my advanced parole in time to travel in May for my Ph.D. archival research.

Comment

zkasim2 - Let me know if that works. We filed a SR 2/1 and 3/5 and neither has even been assigned yet
        11/20/17 - PD - Marriage Based AOS
        12/10/17 - Walk in Biometrics
        4/10/18 - EAD & AP Approved
        4/18/18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
        4/19/18 - Combo Card in hand
        10/22/18 - Interview has been scheduled
        11/26/18 - Interview Completed
        12/6/18 - GC in hand

Comment

Nov 3rd Nebraska, EB2

I got a receipt with a date of Nov. 3rd. from Nebraska. 2 SR, contacted ombudsman and congressman , expedited the case with a letter from my employer as my current VISA expires on March 31st, but nothing. Still gotta wait as they are processing cases they received in October. Hang on for few more days folks. It will come. The only thing we can do is to wait. Sending multiple requests before 4-5 months is not going to help much unless you really have a strong reason to expedite it. Hope it makes you feel a little better. I know it sucks, getting unemployed because of USCIS but that's how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman84 View Post
            We submitted concurrent I765, I 131 and adjustment of status on Nov 5'2017.
            Receipt date: Nov 14
            Fingerprint: Dec 11

Waiting on EAD now. Fingers crossed.
            175 days...Nov 1,2017
            still waiting

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X