Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC EAD 130 days wait, SR not assigned after 30 days

Hello everyone,
    Applied for a marriage based GC, had to send i765 again because they thought I haven't paid for it for some reason, so actually been waiting even longer. Anyway it's been 130 days (September 14) since they got it. I have called and raised a service request on December 20th, they told me to wait for another 30 days. As of now it's not even assigned for processing, tho it's been more than 30 days. Applying from NYC. Anyone else had their SR not even assigned after 30 days? Would appreciate an advice about what to do next... Should I call and ask to speak to T2? Do they ask any questions about why I want T2 or just transfer?
    I guess like everyone here I'm just tired of waiting... I really need to start working, New York is so expensive, we've been just renting a room for now, want to get an apartment, besides having a lease on our names is important for the case too.
    Would appreciate if NYC filers can share your experience.
    Thank you!

Hi there,
    Filed from Orlando mid-August 2017, still no EAD. There are many of us, take some comfort in that.

Comment

Hi dear,

I also applied from NYC last August 21st and I am still waiting. I raised a service request last November 22nd and it was assigned/answered on January 11th stating "your case is still under review..etc just to give you an idea on how long it took to get a reply.
      We are in the same boat, my husband and I also live in a room and even share a metrocard. I started applying for jobs hoping I will get my EAD very soon.
      JFK is hiring , $22 an hour +benefits. It takes a while for them to process your application so by the time you get a call back you will have your EAD in hand.
      Take heart like Constantin said there are a lot of applicants in the same situation.
      Best,
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sam7 View Post
        Hi dear,

I also applied from NYC last August 21st and I am still waiting. I raised a service request last November 22nd and it was assigned/answered on January 11th stating "your case is still under review..etc just to give you an idea on how long it took to get a reply.
        We are in the same boat, my husband and I also live in a room and even share a metrocard. I started applying for jobs hoping I will get my EAD very soon.
        JFK is hiring , $22 an hour +benefits. It takes a while for them to process your application so by the time you get a call back you will have your EAD in hand.
        Take heart like Constantin said there are a lot of applicants in the same situation.
        Best,
        Sam
        I applied on 8/14/2017. Been waiting for about 160 days now

Comment

Originally posted by samlingyunyi View Post
          I applied on 8/14/2017. Been waiting for about 160 days now
          Any update on yp ur EAD?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}