Comments and suggestions needed for my case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments and suggestions needed for my case

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum. I have questions toward my case and I am hoping to hear comments, suggestions, or anything from you guys.

About my case:
    I was a F1 student with STEM major. My OPT ended Aug of this year after extension, then I entered a full-time program to remain F1 status and continue working full time with CPT, with the same employer. I submitted the I-485 (family-based), I-765, and I-131 packet this Oct. with PD 10/16. I had fingerprinted 10/23. I contacted state senator right after 90 days of EAD pending and yesterday the senator office got back to me saying that USCIS is "still processing cases filed in May 2017, and my case is "technically still in that process time".

Since paying the tuition of the program to maintain CPT has been burning up lots of my money and, more importantly, taking the classes and finishing the homework has been eating up lots of my energy, I am trying to fill expedite request that the EAD pending has made me and the company suffer "severe financial loss" for such reason: I need to pay tons of money on the CPT program to keep myself being eligible to work full time. I am running out of money to pay the tuition of that CPT program. Once I stopped the CPT program, I am not eligible to work anymore without the EAD and so I will lose income to feed myself and my employer will lose a talent (I could ask my employer to come up a letter to prove it)
    My concerns are: 1). I am not sure if the reason I list above is valid to USCIS for "severe financial loss to company or ​person", and 2). I am not sure if filling expedite request with this reason will lead to other issue. Anyway, CPT is not intended to serve as a mean to keep eligibility of working full time, although a lot of people has been using CPT for that purpose these days.

I wonder does anyone is in similar case like me, or has experience in similar case?? Any suggestions, comments, ideas, or sharings are very welcomed!! Please!!!

Take your filing receipts and employment offer letter to a field office, they will often arrange an expedite on that basis

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X