Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Successful Expedite Request

Hi!

I got my EAD approved recently, with an expedite request through my Congressman's office and would like to share that experience with you. Going through your representative DOES work.
    I also tried requesting it through USCIS, but that didn't work (I read they reject around 95% of requests).
    As supporting documents, I submitted an offer letter and an additional letter from the company that made the offer, stating how important it was for them to hire me (e.g.: training resources, staffing requirements).

Please find below my timeline:

09/10/2017 - Petition filed with USCIS
    09/25/2017 - Received filing receipts
    10/14/2017 - Biometrics appointment
    11/01/2017 - Got a Job Offer, asked for a supporting letter stating why the company needed to hire me right away
    11/09/2017 - Contacted Congressman office via phone and sent documentation
    11/10/2017 - Congressman staff requested expedited EAD via e-mail to the congress liason
    11/18/2017 - I-765 Application approved
    11/26/2017 - EAD combo card received in the mail (with Advance Parole)

Hope this helps. To find your congressman go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members

What state did you apply from plus what service center?

Comment

Originally posted by miguel123 View Post
      Hi!

I got my EAD approved recently, with an expedite request through my Congressman's office and would like to share that experience with you. Going through your representative DOES work.
      I also tried requesting it through USCIS, but that didn't work (I read they reject around 95% of requests).
      As supporting documents, I submitted an offer letter and an additional letter from the company that made the offer, stating how important it was for them to hire me (e.g.: training resources, staffing requirements).

Please find below my timeline:

09/10/2017 - Petition filed with USCIS
      09/25/2017 - Received filing receipts
      10/14/2017 - Biometrics appointment
      11/01/2017 - Got a Job Offer, asked for a supporting letter stating why the company needed to hire me right away
      11/09/2017 - Contacted Congressman office via phone and sent documentation
      11/10/2017 - Congressman staff requested expedited EAD via e-mail to the congress liason
      11/18/2017 - I-765 Application approved
      11/26/2017 - EAD combo card received in the mail (with Advance Parole)

Hope this helps. To find your congressman go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members
      please let me know whatare the documents ou submitted to expedate your case

Comment

How to expedite EAD renewal request through Congressman / Congresswoman?

Hi Everyone,

Let me first start by expressing how grateful and respectful I am for Members of this Community / forum. I've been through lots of threads. And I am Really glad to see how members of this Immi community help each other. Thank You All.

I Have filed for Renewal of my Work Authorization Card back in October 2017. It has been 117 Days since they have received my application. They sent me the Notice Stating Received on October 06 2017. There they also included the Receipt Number which gives error when I'm trying to look up the Status online. Called them like 4 times and spoke to Tier 2 Customer service reps. They said there was a glitch in the System and That was the reason I Could not check the status Online at USCIS.gov.

I also asked them to expedite the renewal. Customer Service said the were gonna pass the Request to Nebraska Service Center. They said the letter would come in the mail stating whether they were gonna approve or deny the request for Expedited Service. Nothing Came in mail. Called them again they said that it was mailed out and also said that request for expedition was denied for lack of evidence. I Asked how can I send evidence any email or Fax? I explained that the letter never came in the mail. They advised to go with info pass into my local USCIS office. I tried to make an appointment but it keep saying check tomorrow nothing available yet.

Finally Question! Should I try to reach congressman/woman? I read a lot of success stories. My license expired and I can't work nor drive. Since I am a Truck Driver. Paying Lease and Finance Payments on my Car and Truck. + Rent and Bills. All credit Cards Maxed out.

Please give me an advise!!!!!
        God bless Everyone!

Best Regards,

Feruz

Comment

Originally posted by Feruz.M View Post
          Hi Everyone,

I tried to make an appointment but it keep saying check tomorrow nothing available yet.
          Hi Feruz, I'm sorry I can't answer your other questions but I have some experience of the infopass system. When I've tried (and failed) to get an appointment I've found that going onto the site after midnight, usually around 2am for me works, and i get a full list of appointment available. Maybe try this?

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellymoo View Post
            Hi Feruz, I'm sorry I can't answer your other questions but I have some experience of the infopass system. When I've tried (and failed) to get an appointment I've found that going onto the site after midnight, usually around 2am for me works, and i get a full list of appointment available. Maybe try this?

Good luck.
            Thanks a lot for such a fast response. I will definitely try this!

Comment

Wanted to try it as well, but wasn't sure if I will achieve any result. Now I am more confident about it, and I think that I am going to apply as well in the near future. I am preparing all the documents right now, and will do it as soon as I get ready. Also found this useful information on https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/5-keys-to-defending-congressional-subpoenas-61810, it contains some details that helped to be aware of some aspects, and I didn't even need to hire a lawyer because of it.
              Last edited by JonyPuliman; 04-20-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X