International Travel with EAD pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Travel with EAD pending

My EAD application was received by USCIS on 12/6/2017.
    I will be traveling outside of USA and returning in a week.
    On return to USA, my I94 number would be different from what was sent along with the EAD application.
    Will the international travel jeopardize the EAD application in anyway?

Thanks.

do not travel without AP!!

If your EAD is pending, I assume your advance parole is also pending. DO NOT travel without getting your AP first, otherwise all of your current pending applications will be considered abandoned. You can put in a service request to expedite your AP if you meet the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by ziemer View Post
      My EAD application was received by USCIS on 12/6/2017.
      I will be traveling outside of USA and returning in a week.
      On return to USA, my I94 number would be different from what was sent along with the EAD application.
      Will the international travel jeopardize the EAD application in anyway?

Thanks.
      yes it would. Do Not Travel until Advanced Parole(AP) has been approved!
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Unique situation - travel abroad with pending AP

This is a very unique situation and I need some urgent advise.

To start with, I was on H1B and got my EB1A I-140 approved in April 2017 and applied for AOS in April 2017 and received my EAD/AP in June 2017. While my AOS is pending, I got married in September 2017 and my wife came to US on H4 and applied for AOS/EAD/AP as beneficiary derivative of my approved I-140. She had her biometrics in December 2017 and she left US since she was still studying in my home country.

I January 2018, my AOS is approved and my wife is outside US on H4 with pending AOS/EAD/AP. I don't know is her H4 is still valid since she has AOS pending and if she can re-enter US. Will USCIS issue EAD/AP while she is away?

I understand this is very complicated situation. But any inputs are highly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X