Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD - Case on hold while to request case file

Hello there,

We submitted my husband's EAD request on Sept 29th. It's been 135 days, and he has a job offer we so requested to expedite the case.

These are the most recent updates:

2/6 - On February 6, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number YYYY YYYY YYYY , was assigned to an officer for response.
    2/8 - As of February 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number YYYY YYYY YYYY , is on hold while we request your case file.

Does anyone know what it means that they are requesting the case file? I can't find anyone online who has received this message, and we have no idea what it means.

Does anyone know if this is a problem or if it will slow down the case even more?

He has a job offer to start on March 1st, so of course we are incredibly anxious.

Thanks!

Originally posted by ShabuShabu View Post
    Hello there,

We submitted my husband's EAD request on Sept 29th. It's been 135 days, and he has a job offer we so requested to expedite the case.

These are the most recent updates:

2/6 - On February 6, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number YYYY YYYY YYYY , was assigned to an officer for response.
    2/8 - As of February 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number YYYY YYYY YYYY , is on hold while we request your case file.

Does anyone know what it means that they are requesting the case file? I can't find anyone online who has received this message, and we have no idea what it means.

Does anyone know if this is a problem or if it will slow down the case even more?

He has a job offer to start on March 1st, so of course we are incredibly anxious.

Thanks!

I would like to know too
    mine was "As of February 2, 2018, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number YYYY XX, is on hold while we request your case file."
    No further update after that, anxious waiting...
    mine case was exceed 180 days already...

Comment

We called again...

Originally posted by gcci View Post
      I would like to know too
      mine was "As of February 2, 2018, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number YYYY XX, is on hold while we request your case file."
      No further update after that, anxious waiting...
      mine case was exceed 180 days already...
      So, we called again because they said we would have some form of an update within 10 days of submitting the expedite request. Now they tell us it's 15 days. Im convinced they are just making up the rules and the amount of days. So, we will have to call back in a few days and pray that we get some kind of update. But no one will tell us what it means for the case to be on hold while they request the case file. Which is so frustrating.

Comment

I had the same status , it simply means that the officer is asking for your entire file with all documents to check ..
        I had my status changed to assigned to officer in about a week's time from then , however after that , 30days down no updates.

Comment

Anyone here got any uodates? I am in the same situation. It says case is on hold while they request my casefile...

Comment

Originally posted by SDG123 View Post
            I had the same status , it simply means that the officer is asking for your entire file with all documents to check ..
            I had my status changed to assigned to officer in about a week's time from then , however after that , 30days down no updates.
            Any updates so far?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X