EAD Received After 150+ Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Received After 150+ Days

Hi guys I just wanted to share my experience for this journey and I hope you can find it helpful

My Timeline:
    09/14/2017: Case received by California center
    09/23/2017: Case transferred to Potomac center
    12/15/2017: Phone inquiry about the status, they say they will let me know by 1/15/2018, but of course I heard nothing till 1/15
    1/23/2018: Contacted a congressman through email, filled out privacy release form
    2/7/2018: Congressman got a response from USCIS, saying that my case was assigned to an officer to review and will let me know an answer in 30 days
    2/9/2018: InfoPass at NY field office, I requested about the status again because I was getting desperate. The nice officer who spoke with me later wrote an email to Potomac center for me
    2/12/2018: Called congressman to ask for updates, he said he heard nothing so far, I got very desperate and I think it's hopeless
    2/13/2018: The status online changed to "we ordered your new card" and I received an approval notice by mail
    2/15/2018: Card was mailed
    2/17/2018: Card was received

This was such an experience for me, during this process I moved from Chicago to New York after graduation (I'm an M-1 student) and I'm still trying my best to find a job with sponsorship here. I've never faced so many hurdles and difficulty all at once in my life, but one thing I know is that you have to be proactive if your case is being processed like forever. I don't know how much of the help my congressman provided, I'm pretty sure somewhat he helped me push things forward a little bit, but InfoPass was very worth trying, at least as long as you explained your situation clearly to the officer.

I wish everyone good luck, we all know how difficult this all is, and now things are even getting tougher for us. I just hope every effort we are making now will eventually mean something in the end.

Congrats!

This is great. Congratulations. Good luck with your professional pursuit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X