Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i travel with AP if i filed my AOS late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i travel with AP if i filed my AOS late?

Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it?s safe to travel with AP if i filed my AOS like 8months late? Will that be a bcoz problem coming back? I recently got my Emergency AP 2days ago for a reason that i have to go home to my grandma who is terribly sick. My worry is that..will the Custom or the Homeland Security allow me to come back here without any problem coz i overstayed for 8months (my K1 visa expired last October 2016). I filed my AOS last June 2017. Please help. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. God bless us all.😊

Originally posted by Princezjho View Post
    Hello everyone! I would like to ask if it?s safe to travel with AP if i filed my AOS like 8months late? Will that be a bcoz problem coming back? I recently got my Emergency AP 2days ago for a reason that i have to go home to my grandma who is terribly sick. My worry is that..will the Custom or the Homeland Security allow me to come back here without any problem coz i overstayed for 8months (my K1 visa expired last October 2016). I filed my AOS last June 2017. Please help. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance. God bless us all.😊
    Yes, you can travel. It makes no difference when you filed AOS.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I?m hust freaking out reading about the 3yr bar if u overstayed more than 180days (6months). I?ve purchased my airplane ticket & i dont want to disappoint my grandma.

Comment

So this is my timeline:

June 3,2016 - arrival to USA
        Aug 13,2016 - Got Married to a USC
        Aug 31,2016 - Expiration of I-94
        Oct 14,2016 - Visa Expiration

(8 months later)
        June 29,2017 - USCIS Received My Application to AOS

March 6,2018 - Advance Parole Approved
        April 12,2018 - Intended Date to Travel

Does this mean that i overstayed for 8 months Out of Status? Plz help.

Comment

Originally posted by Princezjho View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I?m hust freaking out reading about the 3yr bar if u overstayed more than 180days (6months). I?ve purchased my airplane ticket & i dont want to disappoint my grandma.
          I haven't heard of any denial of entry to people on AP whose AOS is still pending. Leaving on AP does not trigger the ban so it won't affect your AOS.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

thank you so much for the enlightenment. I?m just overthinking maybe.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X