04/2017 EAD applicant still waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04/2017 EAD applicant still waiting

Filed for EAD based on pending i485 in April 2017.

Still waiting on a decision.

Contacted senator(they said USCIS said it's still under review), ombudsman (no reply yet), and USCIS (kept on sending still under review) over 5 times.

It's hopeless!

Why does the system suck so much?

What can I do now? Start the legal process to force a decision?

Originally posted by mingaling3 View Post
    Filed for EAD based on pending i485 in April 2017.

Still waiting on a decision.

Contacted senator(they said USCIS said it's still under review), ombudsman (no reply yet), and USCIS (kept on sending still under review) over 5 times.

It's hopeless!

Why does the system suck so much?

What can I do now? Start the legal process to force a decision?
    I understand your pain. I think you can take advice from an attorney and side by side, try reaching out to ombusman, USCIS and Senator (all three) one more time.

May be something works out this time. Wishing that you get your card asap now.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Divya G View Post
      I understand your pain. I think you can take advice from an attorney and side by side, try reaching out to ombusman, USCIS and Senator (all three) one more time.

May be something works out this time. Wishing that you get your card asap now.

Thanks
      I have the same situation except that yours is worse than mine.
      my PD is 05/2016 , my application was accepted on 10/11/2017 (1.5 years , after my country became current)
      I had a job offer which i failed to join because of delayed ead ,
      I have raised several SRs , congressman , Senator , Ombudsman everything checked. Nothing yet
      everytime i get the response, "under review" , i have h1b and that got extented , i am in US dont know what they are reviewing .
      I am on 270 days nearly and no response.
      N btw I was told "your application is delayed because you called so many times , and the officer needs to stop working to answer your call and SRs "
      Depressing that my luck is so bad, cant blame them but "all in my stars"

I pray for u that u get soon. I definitely dont see any hope for me anymore.

Comment

Wait, so did you get your EAD or still haven't?

Originally posted by SDG123 View Post
        I have the same situation except that yours is worse than mine.
        my PD is 05/2016 , my application was accepted on 10/11/2017 (1.5 years , after my country became current)
        I had a job offer which i failed to join because of delayed ead ,
        I have raised several SRs , congressman , Senator , Ombudsman everything checked. Nothing yet
        everytime i get the response, "under review" , i have h1b and that got extented , i am in US dont know what they are reviewing .
        I am on 270 days nearly and no response.
        N btw I was told "your application is delayed because you called so many times , and the officer needs to stop working to answer your call and SRs "
        Depressing that my luck is so bad, cant blame them but "all in my stars"

I pray for u that u get soon. I definitely dont see any hope for me anymore.

Comment

Wait, so did you get your EAD or still haven't?
          nope , did not receive anything
          got a notice for the Medical , this is the second time i got it
          Got an email now , saying the case is still under review ..
          Dont have a clue what is happening ...

Comment

nope , did not receive anything
            got a notice for the Medical , this is the second time i got it
            Got an email now , saying the case is still under review ..
            Dont have a clue what is happening ...

So at this point, should we consider just utilizing legal action? I know that you can force a decision on the case (some states beneficial) by suing and getting a decision within 180 days.

Comment

So at this point, should we consider just utilizing legal action? I know that you can force a decision on the case (some states beneficial) by suing and getting a decision within 180 days.
              No idea .
              I have just given up hope on the process.
              I would suggest ask your lawyer if possible .But i think , my opinion , suing and all might elongate the process further

I spoke to tier 2 officer he said since i called and raised SRs and contacted Ombudsman / Congressman/Senator my process elongated

Comment

That's so different from what other people have said, so far everybody's been like, Ombudsman, Senator have helped them.

Sorry about your case.

It's so strange that I am not getting any decision or request for evidence.

No idea .
                I have just given up hope on the process.
                I would suggest ask your lawyer if possible .But i think , my opinion , suing and all might elongate the process further

I spoke to tier 2 officer he said since i called and raised SRs and contacted Ombudsman / Congressman/Senator my process elongated

Comment

Only contact one of them, not all

I talked with a senator and she told me that she does not have much power compared to congressman as senator is only for state issue. However, congressman is a federal. So, the senator introduced me to a congressman who helped me a lot in order to get my EAD approved.

When we call USCIS and talk to level 2 officers, they only give us the information which they have. We cannot force USCIS officer to review our case so my advice is to contact with a congressman.

I did not contact an Ombudsman so I do not have advice on this.

Best wishes to us all

Comment

Hi thanks for the great advice.

Will try to reach out to congressman.

Best,

Originally posted by tranquoc View Post
                    I talked with a senator and she told me that she does not have much power compared to congressman as senator is only for state issue. However, congressman is a federal. So, the senator introduced me to a congressman who helped me a lot in order to get my EAD approved.

When we call USCIS and talk to level 2 officers, they only give us the information which they have. We cannot force USCIS officer to review our case so my advice is to contact with a congressman.

Best wishes to us all

Comment

I'm waiting for my EAD and the interview date almost 400 days now. Contacted congressman, ombudsman, service requests, infopass with no success. Their response is , your case is under review. My lawyer thinks it's too early to file a lawsuit. I wonder how many other people in same situation as us. Maybe if we can all get together and file a lawsuit , might be powerful... What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by tranquoc View Post

Best wishes to us all
                        Senators only help with federal agencies. It sounds like you have them mixed up. Every senator website I have visited states that. Senators are also more important than congresspeople - way more important, and can cut through red tape line no one can.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                          Senators only help with federal agencies. It sounds like you have them mixed up. Every senator website I have visited states that. Senators are also more important than congresspeople - way more important, and can cut through red tape line no one can.
                          I have a feeling the poster spoke to a governors office and not senator. Senator for sure has the most power, but in certain states they only deal with complex issues like DACA/Asylum/denails etc...They let the congresspeople deal basic USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X